sixteen

Adriana's P.O.V

After a while of talking Giselle had to go so we ended the FaceTime call. I sat there thinking about what she said. Could Jack actually be into me? If he was really a hit it and quit it type of dude, why didn't he try to have sex with me when we were alone? My mind started to think about the kiss we had. It was a great kiss. Then I remember what he told me after we kissed. 'You don't need to be scared baby girls'. The words kept replaying in my head. What did he mean by that?

My thoughts were disrupted when I heard my dad called me from downstairs. I walked down and saw that he was in the kitchen.

"What's up?"

"You wanted lasagna for dinner right?"

"Yes, why?"

"We're low on cheese and I need you to run to the store and get some more.", he pulled out his wallet and gave me a 20.

I took the bill from him and grabbed my keys that were on the hook by the door.

I walked out, closed the door behind me, and got in my car. I backed out of my parking lot and drove to the grocery store. When I arrived it was packed and it took me a while to find a parking space. When I finally found one I took my phone, the keys, and money and got out of my car, closing the door behind me.

I walked in and found the dairy aisle. After I found the cheese my dad wanted I grabbed it and walked to the snacks area. I grabbed some chocolate chip cookies and walked over to the cashier.

"Oh hey Adriana."

I turned around and saw Johnson smiling. I smiled back and waved at him.

"Hey jack."

"What're you doing here?", he asked.

"Just needed some cheese for lasagna", I held up the cheese so he could see.

"You cook?"

"Oh no I'm not the one cooking the lasagna, my dad is.", I told him.

"Wow I never actually heard of a-"

He was interrupted by someone.

"J! Why are you talking to her?!"

We both looked in the direction the deep voice came from and right there we saw the one and only fuckboy, Jack Gilinsky.

"Hold on a sec.", Johnson told him.

The obnoxious fuckboy sighed heavily purposely trying to show us that he's annoyed. Wow so childish.

"Ignore him.", Johnson chucked.

"I'll see you at school.", he finished and pulled me in a quick hug. I was surprised but I hugged back and smiled.

He smiled at me and then walked over to Jack who rolled his eyes when we made eye contact.

I paid for my things and grabbed them once they were all in a bag and walked out. When I was in the parking lot my phone went off and I saw that I got a text from my dad.

Dad: are you on your way?

Adriana: yea I'm walking to my car right now

Before I could press send the car next to me back up and almost hit me and I dropped my phone face down in the middle of the parking lot.

I picked it up and, oh would you look at that, it shattered. I looked at the car next to me which was a jeep and the driver rolled down their window.

"Can you get the fuck out of my way!", Jack's deep voice filled my ears.

I looked up at him and he had a straight face on. I flipped him off and the corners of his mouth twitched into a smile.

"Don't be mad princess, it's just a phone."

I rolled my eyes and walked to my car. I got in and set my stuff down in the passengers seat. I sat there examining my now shattered phone.

Great, thats just fucking great. I just shattered my phone. It was new too, I got it before I moved here. Some of the tiny broken glass stuck to my fingers when I slid my finger over the screen.

If it was just a little crack I wouldn't mind, but that wasn't the case here, the whole screen was shattered. I don't know what my dad is going to say, I feel like he's going to freak out because we just moved to a new house and we both got new cars. I know my dad got a great paying job here but that doesn't mean that I can just break my phone whenever I want.

I put my phone down, started my car, and drove home in silence. I was too annoyed to even remember to connect my Bluetooth.

I pulled up to my driveway and grabbed my now shattered phone and the bag along with my keys.

I got out of my car, closed the car door behind me and walked up the steps to my porch.

I opened the door and walked to the kitchen where my dad was.

"Hey did you get the cheese?"

"No I just went to the store and came back with nothing.", I tried to keep a serious face but my mouth slowly curved up.

My dad laughed and shook his head and grabbed the cheese.

"Oh I also got something else.", I told him.

"I know, I saw the cookies.", he said.

"No not that, this...", I held up my phone and when he turned around his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"Adriana! How—how did you manage to break it this bad!?", he took the phone from me and slowly examined it.

"Dad it's not broken, it still works."

He ignored my sarcastic comment and ran his thumb over the screen.

"How did this happen?"

"When you texted me if I was on my way I replied to you and I didn't see the car next to me backing up and I got scared and it fell out of my hands..", I explained.

"Well as long as you're ok, but I don't think I can get it fixed right away. Adriana this is the newest iPhone, fixing the screen isn't going to be cheap."

"I understand."

***

I got in my room and closed my door. I jumped into my bed and screamed into my pillow.

Jack's a fucking asshole! I hate him! He's such a fucking dick! I hate him so much! We haven't even known each other for that long and he's acting like a little bitch to me when I did nothing to him!

Why did I think moving to Nebraska was going to be better.? Why couldn't we just have stayed in California with our family and friends? This wouldn't have ever happened to me in California.

I hate it here and I hate Jack.