thirteen

Adriana's P.O.V

"You don't need to be scared babygirl."

I honestly didn't know what I was feeling right now and I honestly didn't know what to say to him. He reconnected our lips and we started making out. After a while he pulled away and looked at me and didn't say anything.

"Shit!", he whispered under his breath and walked out of the room.

Ok what? That's it? Oh well jokes on me I knew he wouldn't like me. I walked out the room and walked back downstairs. I walked back into the room where we were playing truth or dare because I thought Jack went back, I was wrong.

"Back already? That was fast, where's Jack?", one of the boys asked me.

"He's not here?"

They all shook their head no and I walked out the room. I knew I wouldn't be able to find him in this huge crowd so I decided to just go back home.

I went to my car and unlocked it. I was startled when I heard a boy's voice.

"Please don't tell me you're going to drive when you're drunk."

I jumped up and turned around to see the nice Jack, Jack Johnson.

"Holy shit dude, you scared me."

"Sorry about that, but do you want me to drive you home?", he asked.

"No thanks, I'll just drive myself."

"I know you were drinking and I just don't think it's the smartest idea to drive in your condition."

He was right, I mean I feel like I sobered up but it was better to just not take any chances.

"Alright fine.", I tossed him my keys.

We both get in my car and he starts the ignition. I take out my phone and text Kenny to tell the crew that I wasn't feeling well and was on my way home.

"You wanna connect to Bluetooth?", I asked him.

"No that's fine, just play what you want. I listen to anything."

I just hit shuffle on my playlist and let Bored by Billie Eilish play. I laid my seat back and looked at Johnson.

"I can sense that you're starring at me, what's up?", he laughed.

"You know you're really nice.", I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?", he whispered back.

"I don't know, I guess I'm still drunk.", I whispered back.

He just laughed.

"But I'm being serious, you're really nice."

"So I've been told.", he responded.

"How are you friends with Jack and Sammy?they're literally the two biggest assholes I've ever met."

"Jack and I have been best friends since Kindergarten, it's actually a funny story. You see, it was the first day of Kindergarten, Jack and I were wearing the exact same shirt, and then we found out we had the exact same name. We just had to become besties.", he laughed the last part.

"But don't you ever get annoyed with them? They're assholes and you're super sweet.", I told him.

"We've all always been great friends, they weren't always like that."

"What changed?", I asked him.

"Not my place to say."

***

He pulled up to my driveway and we both got out.

"Wait Jack! How are you going to get back to the party?", I just realized that he drove my car here.

"Don't worry about it, I'll just walk over to Jack's place. You know you only live a couple houses down from him?"

"I'm aware."

"Well goodnight, I hope you had fun tonight."

"Goodnight Jack.", I waved at him and then walked up to my front door.

When I got to my front door I knocked, but no one opened the door. My dad probably fell asleep. I grabbed my keys, unlocked the door, and walked inside.

I shut the door behind me and made my way upstairs to my room. I set all my stuff on my dresser and walked into my bathroom. I took a makeup wipe and removed all the makeup I had on. Then, I put my hair up in a bun, washed my face, and brushed my teeth

I walked out of my bathroom and took off the knee high boots as well as the skirt and top. I slid on an old T-Shirt and a pair of yoga pants.

I plugged my phone into the charger, turned off the lights, and then fell asleep.