Infected

(I know the last chapter was really short. Hopefully this will be longer! Don't forget to vote and comment! Love yas!-Abby)

"Here take my hand."

"I don't need help."

"You were shot in the side...."

"So what! All that matters is the person in there!" I pointed forward to where we were headed.

"No you are in critical condition as well."

"I don't care. Just take me to the room! Take me to the room...."

"Alright."

We started walking down the hall, every step was painful and made me feel sick. The ground beneath my bare feet was cold and lifeless just like the hospital. I just wanted to cry, but I couldn't for the person in that room. I had to stay strong....I just had to.

"Here's the room." the nurse said placing her hand on the knob, "Now don't be to loud, they might be sleeping."

I shook my head in a agreement, feeling a tad impatient. She slowly opened the door and walked in holding it open for me. Taking wide steps, I looked behind me for reassurance, she nodded. I turned back around and found my savior, with cords running almost every part of there body. Running my eyes up their body, I stopped to take at there face. My jaw dropped.

"Oh....no!" I ran over to their side, "What happened to you?! Shit, Elizabeth! Why were you there?!"

Tears rimmed my eyes as I went to touch her stone cold hand. Shit she's so cold! I laid my head on it out of pain. What was she thinking?!

"Sir?" the nurse asked

"What?!"

There was no reply. So I turned around and stared at her, still holding Elizabeth's hand.

"How did this happen?" my voice was softer.

"We aren't sure. We found her laying on you, your head on her lap. She called in saying you were hit and shot, not saying by who."

I knew who.

"She was shot once in the chest, luckily not hitting her heart or lung, but it did hit some ribs and a blood vain. When we first checked her heart rate....well there wasn't one."

Looking down I now saw where they had the surgery. Her chest was wrapped up, from her breasts to probably her stomach. It hurt to see her like this. Looking up I checked the heart monitor, everything was normal. I let out my breath, I have a feeling I'll be checking it frequently.

"Sir?"

"Yeah?"

"I think you should get back in bed now."

"No I'm not leaving her."

"You can't stay here for...."

"I AM NOT LEAVING HER! IM NOT LEAVING HER SIDE EVER AGAIN! DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO BECAUSE IT'S MY LIFE AND SHE'S APART OF IT WHETHER SHE AGREES OR NOT, I JUST CAN'T GET HER OUT OF MY HEAD! I....I just can't go without her anymore." my voice was almost a whisper.

"I understand," she actually sounded understanding, "I just don't want you to be even more hurt."

"Is there a way I can somehow room with her."

"No sir."

I let out a sigh.

"Then I'm coming in here everyday. I'm staying in here almost all day every day and I don't care what anyone says."

"Alright sir."

"Can....can you leave me with her for a while."

"Yes" she smiled and left the room leaving us alone.

I turned back to look at the broken girl behind me. I could barely see her breathe. A tear escaped my eye. Brushing it off I looked at her body again, skimming over the bandage, trying to find the wound. That's when I spotted a red mark just above her left breast. Bending over I laid my hand on it. Must be a rash.

My hand began exploring her body. Going along her curves, petting her soft skin, just trying to take it all in. She was truly a beautiful person, I know very cliché, but I don't care it's true. I just wish I could hold her again. I wish I could keep her safe in my arms, feel her warmth on my body.

"Uh." She squirmed.

Is she getting up please tell me she is.

"Logan?"

"Yea-" I cleared my throat from being hoarse, "Yeah babe?"

"Don't go." she whispered

"I won't."

"Stay with me."

"I will."

She smirked and went back to sleep.

"I will never leave you....never."

----------------------------------------

Who expected it to be Elizabeth? Who Logan? Comment your answer and I might put you in a chapter! Haha! Please vote and comment guys! :))))) love you!