Shattered

Logan's P.O.V

Are you serious right now? They want me to go to the coffee shop and grab donuts, DONUTS! You've got to be kidding me! I need to be with Elizabeth for as long as possible, who knows how long we have left together. She could die right now when I'm not there, it probably won't happen but it could! I just need to know she's ok that's all.

As I rounded the corner I found the coffee shop right in front of me. I rolled my eyes and opened the glass door, to find myself intoxicated with the smell of coffee beans.

Elizabeth's P.O.V

"You're serious? Cancer?" Tears brimmed my eyes.

"Yes Elizabeth. There's not much we can do about it." His face looked to floor. He's serious? How can I have cancer? My breathing started heaving up and down faster and faster, until....

"Elizabeth?" I opened my eyes and darted up out of bed. It was a dream? I grabbed my sweat filled hair, in my hands. It was a dream, I thought again.

"Elizabeth, it's your doctor." My eyes widened, no! I don't want cancer! "I have something to tell you."

I cleared my throat, "Wh-what is it?"

"You only have two months to live."

"Two?" I covered my mouth as tears fell down my face.

Logan's P.O.V

Well I got those stupid donuts for the doctors. Why couldn't they just get them themselves. To lazy? I rolled my eyes and walked back over to the hospital, when I felt my phone vibrate.

Looking down I saw that it was the doctors office. Really?! What do they need now? I clicked the answer button and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Logan...I...gone....and....see....you." I heard Elizabeth's voice choking out words between sobs.

"Babe....babe calm down." I heard her try to breath, I'll take it, "what's wrong?" I asked as smoothly as I could.

"Logan I-I...." She sobbed once more.

"You what?" I asked with concern.

"I'm going to be dead in two months!" She screamed out.

I nearly dropped the phone. She going to be gone that soon? "Babe listen to me everything's going to be alright. I know this is bad but" I took a shaky breath, "you need to stay strong."

"I-I can't anymore L-Logan!" she whispered.

"Yes you can, I know you can!" I tried to sound upbeat, but it's so hard when the woman you love is dying.

"No Logan I can't." She whispered, "they won't let me see anyone, unless its family." I could tell her tears stopped, just like my heart did. That's why they made me get the donuts!

"Don't worry, we'll still see...."

"No we won't," she cut me off, "Logan I can't be with you any more."

"Elizabeth no."

She sniffed, "We need to break up."

"Don't do this!"

"I have to Logan....I have to!" She hung up the phone....she hung up the phone. I fell down to my knees and stared up at the phone, tears trickled down my face landing on its screen.

"No Elizabeth you don't." I whispered, "you don't have to, I love you. I love you." I screamed as tears streamed down my face. "I can't lose you! Please! Please!"

My phone smashed to the ground shattering in pieces. I stared at it. That's just like my life, shattered, completely and utterly shattered.

-------------------------------------

Don't hate me guys! I promise the next chapters will be better. I have a BIG surprise for you all!!!!!