10: The Non-Frightening Thoughts

👻 Harry Styles - Oct. 31, 2015  

I'm so stupid. That's what has been swirling in my head ever since that moment of being so close to Fate Perkins. The girl I'd been yearning for the chance to talk to, to get to know, to just be with her. I'd always been so nervous when being around Fate before now, probably because she has no idea who I am underneath this cloth, yet I still manage to screw things up.

My fingers fiddle with themselves underneath the cloth, wanting to start another easy conversation that'd make my heart flourish but I just didn't know what to say. Also because I missed the feeling of her smaller hand in my own, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mentally squealing when she initiated it.

Knowing that there were only a few minutes left of our silent walk before reaching Starbucks, a.k.a. my job, I walk closer to her. The sidewalks weren't as crowded as they were before since the night was getting older and most kids and parents found their back to their warm homes.

Glancing at her from the corner of my eyes, noticing how her arms are still across her chest and her eyes staring right in front of her but with a distant look in her eyes.

"Um, I can speak French," I randomly blurt desperate to hear her voice once more.

She turns to me with raised eyebrows. "Prove it."

I stop walking causing her to do the same. And this time, I keep my eyes on her's - not worrying about the fact that she could probably figure out who I am by my eyes. I take a breath and don't bother using a disguise for my voice,"Vous avez aucune idée à quel point je vous adore, Destin."

"What does that mean?" She whispers, her eyes curious as she lets her arms fall to her sides.

"Maybe I'll tell you later," I go back to whispering, my teeth sinking into my bottom lip as she smiles to herself. We then continue our walk, her shoulder playfully nudging my own making us both laugh softly.

"You suck," she tells me.

Good ol' French always has my back, I think as we walk our shoulders, arms and hands brushing against each other - and I would say it was happening by accident but then I'd be lying. In that moment I was tempted to kiss her, hug her, hold her hand, play with her hair anything but for right now, this was okay. I could sense the feeling of having Fate warming up to me, maybe more that I first thought when Liam encouraged me to invite her to leave the party.

I'm so thankful for him and Blake right now, both of them coming up with this idea of creating a scaring contest to make Fate want to leave this party so I could swoop in and be her "knight in shining armor" - or in this case ghost in Louis' crappy old bed sheet. Close enough, right?

When seeing the green sign ahead of us, my pace subconsciously slows down. I have no idea what will happen after we have our coffee, will we part ways or continue the night together? I was scared to find out the answer.

🌙 🌙 🌙

(A/N): What do you think will happen after they have coffee? Think they'll continue the night or will they part? We shall see in the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed Harry's POV - you get to see how he truly feels about Fate and why exactly Blake and Liam made this "Scare Fate" contest. Thanks for reading!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

p.s. another *heart eyes emoji* gif of hazza x