18: The Non-Frightening Explanation

🎃 Fate Perkins - Nov. 1, 2015 

As Harry explained the whole ordeal of Liam's 'welcome', his hand took grasp of mine, running his fingers over all the visible lines present on my palm. It was clear that he was doing it to avoid my eyes but I still didn't mind his touch, it was soft and gentle. (I had to refrain from laughing because I have ticklish hands.)

His voice was low, "Blake and Liam had an idea."

"As per usual," I mutter under my breath. I watch his fingers for a few moment before studying his profile. He was so beautiful. All I wanted to do was just admire him and play with his hair.

"They've had multiple ideas, actually, to try and get us... together because it was clear to both that I was infatuated with you." He blushes and tries to fight off a smile. "So when Liam mentioned having a Halloween party, Blake thought of the idea. To not invite you to the party, so you would be determined to go and the scaring contest to make you want to leave. Me being your knight in shinning armor." He glances at me for a second before looking down to my hand. "I honestly didn't know about this until a day before the party, which is why I said that I wasn't going to go but when she called me and told me everything that would happen I couldn't say no. I was actually going to have a chance to not look like a fool in front of you."

I went to assure him that he never looked like a fool in front of me, but he shook his head.

"I know I did. I could barley talk to you," he argues. He clears his throat. "Anyways, if I was part of it sooner I wouldn't have let them make the scaring contest and I would've had a way better costume."

We both laugh a bit about that.

"But they did it for me, so don't be mad at them."

I shook my head and remove my hand from his grasp to cup his jaw, turning his head to face me. His gaze first landed on my lips before meeting my eyes. "I'm not mad. In fact, I'm delighted that they did this because you - you're amazing and I would be missing out on this if those idiots hadn't come up with it."

My thumb caresses his cheek bone, looking between his left and right eye as he scans my face. "Because in the end, I got my non-frightening ghost and I couldn't be happier."

He smiles then, leaning in to press a kiss to my lips, murmuring against them how he too was happy to end up with his 'sexy vampire'. I laughed against his lips before pulling away. Pushing a strand of hair away from his face, I said, "I'm still gonna get Liam back though."

"And I'm not going to stop you."

I smile. "You know, Harry, this is the beginning to an amazing relationship."

🌙 🌙 🌙

(A/N): AHHH ONLY TWO CHAPTERS + EPILOGUE LEFT. I AM FREAKING OUT

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

p.s. our babe smiling x (I love when he raises his eyebrows like that - he's so cute)