03: The Non-Frightening Ditcher

🎃 Fate Perkins - Oct. 31, 2015

After about ten minutes of searching for Liam with no success, I decided to give up and go back to my beloved pretzels. On my way to the kitchen, however, I had been scared four times by people I didn't even know the names of. Liam was so going to get it tomorrow. When I reach the bowl containing the salty snack I see the awfully dressed ghost that I had ran into a while ago.

"Sorry for bumping into you earlier," I say the minute I reach the table. My eyes looking at the circles  that were poorly cut into the sheet that was draped over their head before looking down to the bowl to pick up a few pretzels. I could only see a sliver of the color green.

They clear their throat. "It's okay."

I raise my eyebrows at the voice this ghost person decided to use. I guess they were really into staying in character because they talked in a haunting voice, every word wobbly in a different pitch. "I was just trying to hunt my friend down. He had created a contest on who could scare me the most. I seriously wasn't paying attention."

A deep chuckle comes, informing me that they're probably male, before the haunting voice returns. "I understand, Fate."

"Do I know you?" I question, pointing an accusing stick pretzel at the ghost. I don't get a reply though, because he takes a gummy worm before trudging away. I shrug and just enjoy my pretzels but of course, that doesn't last long because Louis decides to scare me again.

"You're my least favorite person," I tell the half naked man with a glare. He presses a kiss to my cheek before pretending to fly away with his plastic wings. I frown before I'm greeted by my best friend who looks to be looking for someone. "Hello, Batgirl."

Blake nods in acknowledgement. "Have you seen Liam?"

"I wish," I grumble angrily chomping down on my pretzel when I think what that stupid British guy did. I try and meet Blake's searching gaze. "Did you know about this contest on who could scare me more?"

"It was my idea," she says meeting my eyes for a second to give me a smirk before going back to her searching. I gap at her before throwing the half eaten salty snack at her. "Fate, what the hell?"

"You are a evil human being." But of course she ignores me. And next thing I know she's beginning to walk away. "Wait, Blake, don't leave me."

"Sorry but I've got to get to my man." She sends me a suggestive wink making me cringe in disgust. Blake laughs at my reaction before patting my shoulder and walking past me. And I guess I should've followed so I can give Liam a piece of my mind but  no doubt they'd do something to make me very uncomfortable so I'd rather not.

So instead I make my way to the living room where many people are grinding to the music and just stand off to the side, my eyes catching sight of that strange ghost before losing him in the crowd. There was something familiar in the way he'd talked to me - I just couldn't place my finger on it.

"Care to lend me a dance, babe?" Theo appears in front of me with a grin and hand stretched out. And knowing that he knows his boundaries with me, I accept his hand and let him drag me into the throng of people just as a Bruno Mars song slipped through the speakers. And as we danced, I chose to ignore the weight of the ghost's gaze (I'm pretty sure he was staring at me but I couldn't be too sure).

🌙 🌙 🌙 

(A/N): Harry is peering at you, Fate. Lol, anyways we are slowly making our way down the list that was in the description so soon enough "the ghost" and Fate will go on their little adventure and before you know it, she'll be falling for him. Can't wait!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

p.s. one of my favorite gifs of harry x