Chapter Five

Mitch's pov

Once again, I woke up alone. Jerome wasn't at the entrance or anything, he was just....gone. "J..J-Jero-ome?" I called quietly, actually wanting him back, only slightly. He was no where, at all. I would, I dunno, look around...but my leg...that's a horrible decision with it in this condition. I simply just laid there, shivering. I curled in a ball, trying my best to stay warm. A cold wind swept threw the cave. I shuddered and curled up tighter. It was freezing!I sniffed slightly and glanced at my leg. Why.....just...why? I was too deep in though..that I didn't notice the figure entering. When his shadow passed over me, I looked over my shoulder quickly. Jerome stood there, silently. I made no noise...just starred back. He growled slightly and walked away, to the deer from before. I turned away, not wanting to watch him rip and tear at the flesh. The sick sound of bones snapping, and tearing made me want to vomit. However, even though that was happening, I still realized that I was starving. I glanced at Jerome, he glared at me, then sighed, glancing at the deer. 
Ten minutes later, he had a fire started and meat cooking over it. I smiled slightly, knowing that I wined this little fight. Jerome grumbled and poked at the fire with a stick, unhappy that he had to do this. "God, you're like a baby." He hissed. "Hey! You're the one who kidnapped me!" I pointed out. "But....That...is true." He huffed and went silent. Another fight won! I moved a little closer to the fire, a little closer to him in the process. He glanced at me. "I-I'm just c-cold." I said, looking at the crackling flames. He went back to cooking the deer meat. I sneezed and coughed, I can't be sick at a time like this! Jerome practically glared at me, "Don't guilt trip me!" I simply coughed more, shaking from the cold. He growled again and pulled me in his lap, holding me against him. Wasn't what I was going for but okay. Nevertheless, I moved closer to him. As before, he was warm. I don't need to defend myself. (THE FOURTH WAAAAAALL) For a second, I think he smiled. Only slightly though. 
After I ate, we were both silent. I was still awkwardly on his lap. I decided to chance my luck, "Wh....why didn't you...k..k-kill me?" He smiled slightly, "Because, Mitchy, I wanted you for a few different reasons." By the sound of his voice, this wouldn't end well.