Chapter One

A/N: Hello everyone! As I promised, my new book. Hope everyone enjoys. Remember, vote, comment and maybe fan=)

The cold wind whipped across my face as I trudged through the snow filled field. I felt myself slide and slipped and landed on my side. Too tired to get back up, I lay there. The snow started to fall harder, covering my shaking body with a numbing coldness. I was alone. I opened my eyes one last time, to see the world all pretty in white. This was the end. Thinking about my dead family, a sob ripped through me. I had failed to get help. They were all gone. I had no one and nobody to keep fighting for. Laying there in the snow, I realized I did still have something to fight for. The avenging of my parent's deaths. Strength filled me as I struggled to sit up on the weight of the snow. My jeans were soaked from the melted snow and my jacket was torn and bloody. My thoughts of dying all disappeared. I heard a car pull up behind me. Spinning around, I saw a dark haired man get out. I stood, frozen. This was who killed my family. Fear and anger filled me. He advanced forward, a smirk playing on his lips. I braced myself as he came closer. Stopping a couple of feet from me, he reached a hand out and touched my cheek. I shivered at his cold skin. Revulsion at the thought that the person who killed my family was touching me. His smile widened and I saw sharp teeth poking from his upper lip. My eyes widened and tried to take a step back. My boots were too deep in the snow. I felt panic spread through me. I was stuck here in the cold snow, alone with a murderer. My heart beat wildly against my rib cage as he leaned forward and sniffed me. He sniffed me. He chuckled, the deep sound loud in the quiet air. "You really thought you could run from me?" his head tilted to the side, studying me like I was a toy. My body still shook from the cold. "You killed my family," I said through clenched teeth. He threw back his head and laughed. His black hair fell over his red rimmed eyes. I watched as he looked down my bloody coat, his eyes turning a darker red. "You little girl, should watch your tone with me. I could rip your throat out faster than you could scream." I continued to glare at him, my hatred building. My mother was making dinner when he came. Kicking the door open and breaking my mother's neck. He had turned to me but my father had jumped at him. I had turned and ran out the door, looking for help. I had no idea what happened to my father. My eyes stung as tears came to my eyes. I fell to the snow in a sob, unable to control myself any longer. The tears were cold on my cheeks. I was so pathetic. Laying here crying. I raised my head to look at him. His eyes were softer, seeing me cry. "I will be back some day girl. And you better be ready." He turned his back and started to walk away. He paused and said over his shoulder, "Be ready Ivory. Be ready." This is how my life hunt began.