Superman makes mistakes too

Darrys POV

My back hurt, my head hurt, everything hurt. To make matters worse Ponyboy was of course late again. "Awe come on Dar he's probably fine." Soda said trying to lighten the mood. "How do you know that Soda? How do you know for sure that our kid brother is actually alright?" I asked worriedly. "It's Ponyboy we're talking about he'll be fine." Soda replied but I could hear the concern in his voice.

A couple of hours passed and Ponyboy still wasn't home. "Where is he Soda?" I asked again for the hundredth time. "I don't know Dar I just don't know." Soda said with a shaky voice. Then the door opened and Ponyboy stumbled in. "Pony where the hell have you been?!" I exclaimed. "Dar I-" he looked strange and I swear I saw tears in his eyes. But he squeezed them shut and opened them again. "I um was uhh at the movies and I must have fallen asleep." he said. "Unbelievable!" I shouted not feeling one bit of guiltiness. "Go to your room!" He nodded and walked to his room. I couldn't help but notice that he had a small limp. I would ask him about that in the morning.

It was about 2:30 in the morning when I heard a scream. I knew it belonged to Ponyboy and I raced to his and Sodas room. "Darry he won't wake up!" Soda exclaimed when I ran through the door. "Crap" I muttered. "Ponyboy your okay it's Darry and Soda." I said and held him to my chest. He calmed down a bit and opened his eyes. "Darry" he said and hugged me and cried. "It's okay hon I'm here." I spoke softly. "What was your dream about?" I asked. He shook and Looked down but I forced his head back up. "About what happened last night." "Me yelling at you?" I asked I hope I wasn't the reason for this. But he shook his head. "Last night The socs caught up to me as I was walking home. They threw a big rock and it hit my knee. When I fell they got out of the car and tried to...." He took in a breathe and said "rape me" "what?!" Soda exclaimed. I was shocked, mad, sad, and more mad. Shocked that this happened, mad that the socs did this and Sad because I couldn't do anything to prevent this and beacause I yelled at him yesterday for being home late when it wasn't his faults. "I'm so Sorry Pony I didn't know you were with the socs last night!" I said still holding him as he cried. "I love you Darry" Ponyboy said. "I love you to Pone so so much!" I replied Then soda said "Well would you look at that even Superman makes mistakes."