Chapter Six: "Nervous"

I waited at my gate for 3 hours and twiddled my thumbs non-stop. I had a lot of time to think to myself, and I knew what I had to do.

I walked around the airport and went up to the old lady that was behind the counter. "I need the next plane ticket to North Carolina," I said in a hurry.

She began typing and searching and then looked back up at me. "The next available flight is tomorrow morning at 7:35 AM. There are only seats for first class, is that alright?"

"That's great." I didn't intend on spending so much on a single plane ticket, but it was well worth it.

I watched the plane that I was originally supposed to board fly into the clouds and get engulfed into the beautiful sky.

I stood there admiring it before a thought crossed my mind. I don't even know where his house is. I quickly pulled out my phone and called CaRtOoNz.

He answered a few seconds later. "Hey Evan, aren't you on your flight back home now?"

I swallowed nervously. "No. Something occurred to me and I'm getting on a different flight now... Is Jonathan with you?"

"No, he's at his apartment, probably sleeping. Is everything okay dude?"

I needed to tell him. "Not exactly. Listen, Luke, I need you to keep this a secret from Delirious. After this weekend, I realized that I like both men and women... I felt different when I was around Jonathan and it took me a while to register what it meant. After I saw you two leave today, it became clear as day. These few hours have felt like a lifetime without him beside me. I need more time with him and so I bought plane tickets for North Carolina tomorrow morning. I need his address."

There was a long pause on the phone before I could hear Luke scream excitedly. "Holy shit! You mean it? That's awesome! You and Jon would make the cutest gay couple ever!"

I couldn't stop myself from smiling at his approval. "Please don't tell him. I need some time with him before anyone says anything."

"I won't tell him! Dude, I swear he likes you back. He talked about you for nearly the whole flight; it was really annoying actually. I didn't want to ask because he'd probably get super self-conscious."

My heart skipped a beat at the thought of him talking about me and I could feel my face go red.

After a moment of silence, Luke began to talk. "Oh, the address, right. I'll send you directions to his place."

"Great. Thank you so much."

"No problem brother. Treat my boy good, alright? I'll see you around." He hung up the phone.

I was at a loss for words as I tried to process what would happen tomorrow. What if he doesn't want me there? What if Luke is wrong and he doesn't like me back? I pushed it aside and called my mom, and then Brock.

My mom was supportive of my decision. She didn't believe me when I first told her about my new found sexuality, but she was understanding once I let her know it wasn't a joke. I decided to not tell my dad until something drastic happened. He was a nice guy, but my mother is more caring.

I called Brock and we talked for nearly an hour about everything he missed when he left. It was like we were teenage girls gossiping. I actually got a few weird looks from various strangers at the airport.

I got some good old airport food before I fell asleep on the exceptionally uncomfortable seats that were by my gate.

I awoke bright and early, ready for the day ahead of me. I was sore from the seats, but I shook it off and boarded my plane. I was seated in one of the nicest looking airplane seats I have ever seen. They were leather with leg room for days. I had a small flat screen TV in front of me that I was able to watch movies and TV shows on. The flight was surprisingly short and I didn't have much time to watch anything, but it was nice while it lasted.

It was 9:12 AM when I landed. North Carolina looked beautiful. I could see a stunning city in the distance as our plane approached the airport. I couldn't believe I was there. It hadn't even been 24 hours since I last saw Jon, but it felt like years.

I got into a taxi with a driver who was a chatty middle-aged man. I would have been fine with it, but there were too many thoughts running through my head as we approached Delirious' apartment.

I thought about Sunday morning when I woke up with my body against his. Nothing in my life felt so wrong but so right at the same time. I thought about him ruffling my hair with his goofy smile and the way he said "night, bitch." Nobody has come across as so perfect to me before him.

"We're here." My driver said as we pulled up to a small apartment building in a quiet neighborhood. I wasn't even paying attention to where we were, and I definitely wasn't prepared to be there already. I paid him and he opened the trunk. I grabbed my things with my shaky hands and stepped onto the sidewalk.

The taxi drove away and I was left there staring at the apartment. I didn't know what I was going to say to him once I knocked on the door.

I entered the building and took the elevator to the third floor where Luke told me to. I went to the door that was supposedly Jonathan's and I knocked before I could think about what I was doing.

The door opened a few seconds later. In front of me was Jonathan looking at me with his bright blue eyes. "Evan? What the hell are you doing here?"

I knew that I wasn't going to be able to tell him the truth, so I covered it up with a lie. "Nice to see you too. My flight was cancelled because there's a blizzard in Ontario. I thought I'd come here to hang out with you some more. I got CaRtOoNz to give me your address, I hope that's okay."

He looked at me with confusion and I suddenly felt embarrassed for showing up uninvited. He opened the door wider and stepped aside. "Come on innnn!" He said with a giggle.

I laughed and brought my luggage into his place. To my surprise, his apartment was clean and organized. It was small, but not crowded. "I don't have a guest bedroom, but I have a pull-out couch in the living room," he said as he showed me around. His living room was on the left when you first walked in, and the kitchen was on the right. Down the hall he had his bedroom on the right and a large bathroom on the left. His Xbox was in the living room and his PC setup was in his bedroom. The apartment building also had a pool and a hot tub that was around the back side.

We went back to the living room and I began to unpack a few things before sitting on the couch. Jonathan handed me a beer and came to sit next to me. "How long do you want to stay?" He asked me.

"I don't know, I don't have anything important to do for quite a while."

He laughed. "Yeah me neither. You're welcome to stay as long as you want. I have an extra laptop if you want to record or edit some stuff too."

"Thank you."

"Wanna go for a walk? I can show you where Luke's house is. It'll be payback."

I let out a giggle. "Sure, that'd be fun."

We walked around Jon's town and he showed me all of the small businesses and all of the people he knew. It was a really nice area to live in and the people all seemed to be super friendly (including Delirious).

About 20 minutes into our walk, I felt Jonathan's fingers intertwine with mine. My body felt hot and it only took seconds until my palms were sweaty against his. I looked at him and he smiled at me. "Is this too weird for you, Ev?" He asked.

I smiled back and my body started to cool. "No, it's fine."

We continued to walk together like that through the town with everyone eyeballing us. It was awkward as hell but I didn't want it to stop. I hope he'd never let go of my hand.