Sorrow

"The whole world was shocked today, Learning of a deadly explosion off 10th and Bell. The lethal detonation, started by a maniacal cyborg, became fatal to the citizens within the nearby school building, and Downey Corp. building. Reports just came in, saying it killed over 2,500 people, and leaving 1,700 injured. So far, there are no reports of any survivors within the elementary building. Witnesses confirm that included in the destruction of our city, was the loved hero team, known as The Defenders. Rather they were accomplices, or trying to stop this terrorist attack, they are to be held responsible for this crisis. Buildings, damaged. People, killed. Children... Murdered. We will not know what is to become of The Defenders, other than the U.N. Government is in search of the heroes. More on this, at nine. Back to you Antoine."
__________________________

"Innocent children were murdered... As the whole world just fuckin' watched."

"This is the worst crisis that has put us under responsibility. It has put such a heavy toll on G.U.N and The Defenders alike as a whole."

"Never once have we experienced such a tragedy..."

"So... What do we do about our, "World's Greatest Heroes" now?"

"We remove them from this world.."

__________________________

5 Months Later...

"Sonic..."

"Sonic.. C'mon blue wake up."
The soft, sweet voice rang in the blue hedgehog's ear. He slowly opened one eye, and was instantly blinded by the bright light. "Hmm.." He moaned, as he rolled over. He then began to see someone above him.

He saw her dashing smile, and long, soft hair down the side of her face. "Get up lazy bum. It's nearly 11:00." She slightly chuckled. "Oh boy.." He stretched, as he sat up in the bed. "Get up and get around, blue." The red head playfully patted his chest, then walked out of the room.

He watched her ass, as she walked away in very short jean shorts. "Damn I'm lucky.." He smiled to himself. He swung his feet over the side of the bed, and stood up. He stretched his arms high, and walked out of the room in his underwear.

He then walked into the living room, and saw the tv on with Sally sitting down watching tv. "You were so anxious to get me up... Yet you're just watching tv." He slightly laughed. "Shut up and go get some clothes on." She laughed back.

"Nah. Too comfortable." He playfully said, then sat on the recliner by her couch. "I'm tellin ya.. You might wanna get some clothes on." She warned him with an evil-like smile.

"Wait why?"

"Gooooood morning Sonic." He then hear another female voice walk in the room. "Ah shit..." He rolled his eyes, and instantly recognized the voice. "Shade what are you doing in my house.." Sonic sighed in annoyance. "Oh ya know... Just checking on a teammate." She grinned as she walked by him.

"By the way, you might wanna put some pants on. I can see package from here." She laughed. He slightly blushed, and covered his junk with his hands. He then stood up, and walked fast back to his room.

"So Shade, what are you doing here? Not that I don't mind you being here or anything." Sally asked. "I'm just checking on everyone on The Defenders. None of us have said anything to one another in months. I don't even think Sonic and Silver have talked to each other since then either." Shade informed.

"Oh.. Yeah.. I understand." Sally sighed. "Yeah. Trust me, I didn't come here to look at your boyfriend's balls." She slightly laughed. Even Sally kind of laughed at the smart ass remark. Sonic, being the fastest thing alive, then ran back into the living room, fully dressed.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Now get out of my house." He said, as he pushed her towards the door. "Jeez I was just checking up on a teammate, chill." She defended, as Sonic shut the door in her face. "Sonic what's up with you and Shade?" Sally asked, curious and slightly angry.

"..." He didn't want to answer. "C'mon blue... Tell me what's up." She said more sternly. "*sigh* Sally... Ever since... That day... I've been trying to keep my space from The Defenders. We all split up for a reason. No one has been to Defender HQ in months. Silver has just... Built himself in solitude there. He and Blaze haven't even seen each other! We all just want our space for a while.." He said, feeling destroyed all over again.

"I know this is very difficult for you Sonic, believe me. But, I'm not gonna lie and say I know how you feel. I just want to make you happy, like your old self. Before the incident... Before The Defenders." Sally then sighed. "Sally, the Defenders were our hope. Our legacy. And one mechanical nightmare destroyed it." Sonic quickly defended.

"But also your downfall... Honey I don't like you being in this line of work.. Look what it's done to you. You've almost died several times!" Sally said painfully. "Someone's gotta do it." Sonic quickly shot back. "I understand that! But I'm just afraid that-.." She stopped.

"Afraid that what?" Sonic asked curiously. She stared at him, about to cry. "... That you'll never come back.." She said with a quivering lip. He then felt the guilt of defending his point. He didn't want to make her cry. He just wanted her to understand how important it is.

"Sally... I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Sonic said in a lighter tone. He then walked over to her and held her.

"We don't have to worry about that right now. I've been away from it for a while... I'm safe. We're safe." He said calmly, to calm her down.