The fight

The next day had gone by slowly. Classes had been a bit of a bore as usual. The interesting bit came at lunch when, just outside the Great Hall, a screaming match between Rose and Sirius was taking place.

"I KNOW YOU'RE BLOODY KEEPING SOMETHING FROM ME SO JUST TELL ME ALREADY"

"NO"

"WHY THE BLOODY HELL NOT?!"

"BECAUSE ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS."

"OF COURSE IT IS. WE'RE MARRIED FOR FUCK'S SAKE"

Rose's reply came coldly and as calm as the wind before the storm "No. We aren't"

This started another round of screaming between the two.

When asked why he wasn't interceding, James answered,"This is normal for them. They fight but they always stay together. They've always done this. They fight and they argue but they've never been separated." James would realize soon that this may be the one time that all of that changed with the next words screamed in unison between the couple were:

"-AND I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

The four friends waiting for the fight to end ran out to the courtyard leaving the hall in a state of shock.

-Lily-

I ran outside with Delilah and James to find Rose sitting in our tree crying her eyes out. This wasn't the first time we had found her like this, but this was the first time ever with Sirius. And needless to say, I was shocked.

One look at James and I could tell that, for the moment, he was in a state of shock. But I didn't have to wait long until his shock turned to anger. Before I could stop him, he stormed to the castle.

I was torn between going after him or staying with Rose. Delilah looked like she knew what I was thinking and gave me a look that clearly said to go.

I followed James and found that my moment of hesitation had cost me dearly.

I walked in on James sitting on top of Sirius punching him relentlessly. I quickly tried to pull him away I realized that I could not do it on my own and quickly enlisted Remus's help and together we got James off. He struggled and fought against us but, thanks to Remus, we held on to him.

All the while he was yelling words at his best friend I never thought he would say to anyone. Least of all Sirius. All the while he was saying," Let me at 'im. I'll kill him."