The Dark Forest

Remus kept thinking of all the times he messed up. The main memory he kept pulling up was the day he bit Delilah

Remus was hiding in the forest waiting for his chance to run to the shack before changing but just then, Delilah was walking by. Before he could stop himself, he felt his bones breaking. His body growing. He felt the pain he had grown used to baring and then the change was complete he was a werewolf. He could not longer control himself, later, he would remember feeling as if someone else had control of his body making him do things he normally would not but for the moment, he could only focus on the scent of fresh blood and flesh coming from Delilah. He charged. Seeing the gray mass flying at her, Delilah screamed but it was to late.

Delilah felt his teeth rip into her skin and the searing pain that came with it before fading to blackness.

That morning, she woke in the hospital wing staring at her best friend crying beside her.

"What's wrong Remmy?"

At the sound of her angelic voice, Remus's head shot up as he looked into the eyes of his best friend, and secret crush.

"I could have killed you" Delilah had been forbidden from going with Remus that night but she had gotten restless and taken a walk.

"But you didn't."

"It was so close. I almost lost you. And it was my fault."

Delilah just sighed and pulled his head up forcing him to look at her.

"Remus John Lupin, you didn't kill me. I'm right here. I'm alive."

Suddenly Remus could no longer help himself the were so close together already, he kissed her.

Delilah didn't hesitate in kissing him back. It was as if  they had done it  a thousand times. Their lips fit perfectly together as if they were both pieces of a puzzle. Remus slowly pulled away but he did not stay away long before he felt himself pulled back to the young girl and they continued together.

Rumors soon spread of the incident and the name of the forest changed among the students. It was not longer The Dark Forest and instead became The Forbidden Forest and the teachers were all to happy to adopt the change. And so the name changed and the Forest became forbidden to all except for two werewolves.

👻👻👻👻

Hey guys! So this is the last chapter before I start rewriting the ending. Don't forget to vote and comment so I can smile. Also! I want to have a competition. I've been thinking that I need a new cover for this book so, you my lovely readers can make me one if you wish. Prizes listed below.

Alright, so I'm assuming that if you made it this far you want to enter the contest. Well, may the mass times acceleration be with you and the odds be ever in your favor.

1st place- chapter dedication, cover on book (obviously), a character in the book of their choice, and I'll follow them and read one or more of their stories.

2nd- a character in the book of your choice and I'll read one or more of your stories along with giving you a mention in a chapter.

3rd- I'll read one of your books and mention you in a chapter.

Good luck to you all and you can PM me with any questions. Final entry date is Halloween aka October 31st.