Chapter Six - I Can't Say Hello To My Favorite Blonde?

Chapter Six - "I Can't Say Hello To My Favorite Blonde?"

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

"No! Stop, I'm gonna fall!" I squealed, clenching my hands together and holding my arms out straight.

"No you're not, I got you," Justin laughed at me.

"I can't do this. No matter how many times you teach me – whoa!" I screeched again, taking a lean towards the left and almost falling.

"It's not that I can't teach, it's that you refuse to learn," he defended himself.

"Well, it's not my fault that I'm not good at this. Oh my God!" I shrieked with another laugh, almost falling. Again.

Justin was trying to teach me how to skateboard for the thousandth time, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. He held onto my waist as he guided me and I tried to balance myself, but it wasn't working. So he basically pushed me around as I stood still and laughed. And also tried not to fall.

"Look, just... here. What foot would you feel more comfortable leading with?" He stopped pushing me.

"Um," I hesitated, looking down at my feet resting on the board. "My left, I guess?"

"Okay, good. So put your right foot on the ground," he said, and I did as I was told. "Good. Now just push off. And once you do, put your right foot back on the board and coast. Nothing crazy. I don't know how this is so hard for you," he chuckled.

"Sorry it doesn't come naturally to me like it does to you," I retorted. He held his hands up in surrender with another laugh and backed away from me.

"Just try it," he nodded. I took in a deep breath and ignored all the kids around me that were staring at us like we were a couple of idiots. Which we are.

After a few seconds of mentally preparing myself, I pushed off with my right foot and felt myself moving. "Oh my God," I muttered. I put my foot back on the board and coasted down the pavement, grinning widely. I leaned a little to the left and turned the board, somehow making a left turn – which I was never able to do. "I did it!" I cheered to myself, throwing my hands into the air and coming to a stop.

I turned around and saw Justin walking over to me with a smile. "I did it! Did you see that?" I grinned, jumping into his arms and squeezing him in a hug.

"You did good, champ. We just gotta get you down there one of these days," he smiled, pointing down to the large, intricately sculpted pit in the ground where dozens of skaters were shredding.

"Yeah, maybe in my next life," I chuckled, patting him on the shoulder. "I'm gonna take a breather, you go back and skate with your friends."

He nodded and took his board from me, so I plopped back down on a bench and sighed. Watching all these kids around me just made me want to be good at skating even more. But I didn't think I'd ever be "really good" at it. I could cruise and have someone push me, but that'd probably be about it.

Interrupting my thoughts, someone sat down next to me – and awfully close, might I add. I turned to see who the person was and immediately rolled my eyes.

I also stopped myself from gagging.

"Well that's not usually the reaction I get from girls, but I'll take it," he said with a gloating smirk.

"That's probably the only reaction you'll ever get from me," I rolled my eyes again.

"Lindsay. It's so nice to see you," he grinned, showcasing his glowing white smile that I used to be obsessed with.