Chapter 27 - Epilogue II

The day had been terrific. So many people came to witness their vows that Saryah’s head spun with the excitement. The reception was a fun-filled atmosphere with live music from Sonya and Mike’s band.

Two big surprises, though, had been the talk of the event. The first one was that not only had her mother walked her down the aisle, but she’d told her that the doctor had given her a full bill of health. She was in complete remission and would only need to see him every two months for a year, and fewer times a year every year after that until she’d been cancer-free for five years.

The second surprise had been arranged by none other than Maura, Sonya and Mike. And it was enough to bring tears to her eyes again just thinking about it. Just before Sonya walked down the aisle, along came Anna and Josh with a wagon decorated with flowers, ribbons, and bows. Saryah wrinkled her brow.

“What’s going on here?” Saryah asked as they came in, all smiles and hugs.

“We can’t very well expect Jazzy to crawl down the aisle, can we?” Anna responded. She was an attendant, as was Josh. They meant so much to Saryah that she couldn’t fathom a wedding without them there.

“Where’s Joey?” She asked in bewilderment.

“I’m wite heow, Aunt Sthawwah. Mommy says I get to walk with you and Gramma Maura down the aisle.” Saryah bent to his level, hugging him close and looking at his parents; at the same time mouthing “thank you.”

Wiping tears, she looked at him. “My day is perfect now! I would be so happy to have you take me to Uncle Benny. He’ll be so surprised.”

She kissed her baby boy on the cheek and motioned to get the rest of it underway. “I’m ready to get married. Let’s get on with it!”

“What are you crying about, Mrs. Campbell?” Ben walked from the bathroom into the suite they were staying in for their first night on their honeymoon. In the morning, they’d head off to the camping destination she’d promised him before he left for Afghanistan.

“Joey! Wasn’t that an amazing thing? I think having him there made the day perfect.”

“Near perfect. I think the day was perfect when I got to finally kiss my wife.” He gathered her in his shirtless arms and did so again, and again.

“Yeah, you’re right. Of course, I want half a dozen just like him.” She giggled.

“Half a dozen? That’s a lot of babies, Saryah.” Ben grinned. “Not that I’m complaining, mind you. I get to help them get here!” He groaned a pleasurable sound.

“Ooh, baby! You’re such a guy! I’m happy you are, mind you.”

“Yup, I am, and proud of it! Ready for bed?” He said, wiggling eyebrows at her suggestively, never relaxing his broad grin.

“I need a few minutes. I’m nervous.” She teased, drawing her hand across his clean-shaven chin as she walked to the bathroom. She honestly was, but didn’t know why. She took her makeup off, changed out of her “getaway” outfit and into her negligee.

Ben knocked on the bathroom door. “You alright?”

“Yeah, I’ll be right out!” She called.

Ben started to get the room ready with candles and romantic music. He didn’t really need to, but setting the mood was always a good idea.

She walked out in the most beautiful piece of lingerie Ben had ever seen. He actually caught himself holding his breath.

“Breath, babe! An unconscious husband is no good to me!” She said, kissing his shoulder and walking past him to place her bag on the dresser.

She walked back over to where Ben was standing, taking his hands. A few light kisses later, Saryah smiled at Ben.

“We’re finally here.”

Ben didn’t respond with words at first, but only nodded his head before pulling her into his arms. “No more talking. I just want to love you.”

Saryah met his fervent kiss with one equally passionate. "I'm all yours!'