VI.

The next morning I woke up around 10am, showered and threw on my Nike joggers and Nike compressed shirt and my customized Nike Roshe Runs. I cooked up a little breakfast for me and Katie, and fed the dog. Then I got the puppy, my phone, my wallet, and a blanket. We were going to a park down the street from the condo. I left a plate and a note for KayKay saying we I was going to be. I call her that now. Anyway, me and Rocko headed to the park.

*Katie's POV*

I woke up around 11am looking for Rico. I went down stairs to the kitchen and seen a plate of food and a note. Rico was at the park with Rocko. I know them two gone be close. I went and showered and threw on my black and white camo Nike jumpsuit and my customized Nike Roshe Runs Rico made for me. I grabbed my phone and headed out the door to the park. I got to the park and seen Rico sitting on a blanket while playing with Rocko. He looks happier now a days since I've been here.

Hey baby! I said sitting beside him. The dog came up to me and I rubbed its head.

R: Hey sweetheart. He said leaning over to give me a kiss.

Me: so umm I kinda wanna know what happened, you know...........the incident.

*Rico's POV*

When she said that I was kinda hesitant. Its like my heart sunk to my stomach. I just sat there and looked at her for a brief moment. I guess it was time to let her know. I began to speak.

Me: well it was umm senior year. My dad was and still ain't shit. I started selling weed, you know to make money. Well shit started to get out of hand. Other dealers started getting mad cause the customers started coming to me for the weed. One thing led to another and I killed a guy, my plug got locked up, and I was on the way to jail with em. On top of that I lost my momma to breast cancer. I lost the one person that was down and cared about me and I didn't know what to do.

Tears started to rolled down my face. The thought of losing my mom always seemed to do that to me.

K: I cared. She mumbled softly.

Me: what?

K: Rico I've always cared about you. I've always wanted you more than anything. You just didn't see that.

Me: I seen it, but you had a boyfriend so I didn't know what you wanted. Its ok though. All that matters is you got me and I got you.

K: *sighing* you right Supe. She said adjusting herself to lay back in my lap.

My phone started ringing.

*In Call*

Me: hello?

Unkown: guess who it is lil bro.

Me: Hakeem?!

H: hell yeah, live and well!

Me: aww man, its good to hear from you bro.

H: so look I get out tomorrow they moved me to the Atlanta penitentiary last year. I heard you moved out here so that's a good thing. I got a safehouse in the cut out here in the ATL. Ima need a ride there tho.

Me: I got you bro, you family.

H: word man good looking out. Stay safe man, see you tomorrow.

Me: you stay safe to bro, you know shit get crazy in there. I said chuckling.

H: *laughing* I got you bro you don't have to worry about that.

Me: well ight man, gone.

H: gone.

*End of Call*

K: who was that babe?

Me: that was the plug that got locked up. His name is Hakeem. He's like family, blood couldn't make us any closer. The guy that I killed was the snitch nigga who got him locked up. He gets out tomorrow, he want me to pick him up and take him to his safehouse.

K: well that's good, just please stay out of trouble Cornell. She said with a serious look on her face.

Me: don't worry baby, I'll be fine. I said leaning over to kiss her soft lips gently.

After that we get our things and Rocko and we headed home and chilled for the rest of the day. Its gonna be good to see my brother again.

The Sensei