XI.

I woke up 30 minutes later to the smell of Chinese food. I opened my eyes to see the food on that rolling table in front of me with a tall cup of smoothie and Katie sitting on my legs with the same thing on the table eating.

K: well hey there sleepy head. I just got here so the food is still hot. She said smiling.

Me: thank you baby. I said smiling back and sitting up to eat.

I grabbed the chop sticks and opened the plate. She knows just what I like. The plate was filled with low mein, teriyaki, sesame, and orange chicken, shrimp fried rice and two egg rolls. I was so hungry. I grubbed like I haven't ate in years. The smoothie was a mango and wild berry smoothie. My favorite.

K: whoa slow down there tiger. She said giggling.

I looked up with a mouth full of food. I chewed and swallowed it. All the shit I just went through, I needed this.

Me: shutup. I said chuckling.

We finished eating and she crawled up in the bed beside me and cuddled up next me. No matter what's going on she always wants to be up under me. My phone buzzed. It was Hakeem.

*in text*

H: aye bro what room you in? Me and my girl in the lobby.

Me: room 233.

H: word we'll be up in a minute.

*end of convo*

Me: Hakeem and Brenda are on their way up here. I said to Katie.

K: ok baby. She said snuggling tighter to me.

We were laid up watching a soccer game. I've always had a passion for soccer, I played in high school. My favorite team was playing so I was watching the game.

H: look at the two lovebirds. He said walking in smiling.

Me: wassup bro. Hey Brenda.

B: hey Rico, hey Katie. Girl how you holding up? I know all this took a toll on you. She said walking over and hugging Katie.