CHAPTER 4: ALLIANCE

"Eternity... Where are we going?" Zealot moaned.

"getting bored?" Eternity chuckled.

"yes! I will explode if we don't land and do something!!!" Zealot shrieked.

"well then it's good we are here!" Eternity laughed.

"Eternity..."

"yes?"

"your ego is showing!"

"yeah yeah..."

I looked ahead to see a building. It was made of black rock. At the top you could see a big spike, which was very unusual. As they got closer Zealot could make out a huge courtyard bigger then her entire village. She cringed at the thought of the stone, but brushed it off. Eternity suddenly stopped and dropped himself, making Zealot hold on for dear life.

"I forgot to give you something." Eternity spoke.

They landed with a thud.

"WHAT!?!??" Zealot yelled.

"here" Eternity handed her something.

Zealot looked at it. It was a necklace. It was a metal dragon attached to a heavy chain necklace.

"go in the sun." Eternity spoke.

Zealot walked in to the sun and the necklace lit up and sparkled like diamonds. She stared wide eyed as she moved it watching it sparkle.

"Eternity... It's... It's...it's beautiful!" Zealot screeched. "what is it!?"

"it's called a soul brace." Eternity explained."there made to match the color of your dragon and the dragon will give it to you when he or she believes the time is write. You see, if one of us were to die in battle we would always be with each other. The soul of the fallen would be encased in the necklace for the living person until the last dies. Then you move on together."

"thats cool!" Zealot spoke."but wouldn't it get boring?"

Eternity just chuckled and signaled for her to get on his back.

"thank you Eternity."

"your welcome kiddo!"

They flew closer and closer until they saw a woman standing outside with a look on her face somewhere between hatred and awe. Zealot looked at everyone and they all had the same look, except for a few who looked with awe and a look of excited. She looked down the road she just came and looked all around her to see a beautiful forest.

"Hold on, Zeal! Were going in!" Eternity bellowed. Right after the word was just slipping from his lips he flung himself down and pulled in his wings.

"Eternity! Are you nuts! Your going to kill us!" Zealot cried.

Right at the last second possible, Eternity pulled his wings out and swooped right over all the people, messing up a few girls hair in the process which in reply she heard small grunts. She could clearly see the area she was in. There was the tall black bricked tower, at least a dozen buildings with two or so average floors, and a huge shelter with what looked like rooms in them, though no steps were leading to them.

"dragon rooms" Eternity replied calmly.

"dragon rooms?" Zealot questioned, obviously wanting a more in detail explanation.

"rooms where your dragon is housed. Behind the building there is your saddle rack, because humans cant get to there dragons." Eternity explains.

"oh, so I couldn't get to you?"

"well we will see!"

By the time they landed most of the people looked like they were heading in, not seeming interested in the least. She looked around to see that really the only ones left were some guy who had not been out here a second ago, and those select few who didn't look at her with a hatred look. She looked at the tar on the ground and wondered how they could afford it. After all only the best of the best have it... Right?

"these guys are the best of the best Zeal, so show him respect." Eternity budded in.

She looked at the man. He was in his 20s as it seemed with dark jet black hair, cut short like you would have it at a military school. But not to short. He was wearing a uniform and she realized most of the other kids had similar ones on. They were all a base color of black, but all the stitching was completely different colors on every person. Along with a design that came across like two swords strapped against the back and a dragon in front, all a different color. She started to notice that the stitching was the same color as there dragons.

"hello," the man said." my name is Jason. I run the alliance."

"alliance?" Zealot asked questionably.

"the building you are at. It's called the alliance. We are a group of people dedicated to making young riders like yourself stronger. But... Where is your dragon. We must have his exact color to make you a uniform." Jason spoke.

Zealot turned around to see Eternity had abandoned her there.

"uh... I don't know?" Zealot questioned.

"he will show up... So what is your name?" Jason asked.

"Z... Zealot..."

"Zeal-e-aut. Did I say it correctly?"

"yup!"

"ok now why don't you call that dragon of yours."

She did as told. She thought hard about reaching him, and finally she felt his presence on her mind.

"Eternity... Can you come?"

"oh... I guess..." he sounded kinda disappointed about the order.

Seconds later you could hear wind slapping against wings. A streak of grey light flashed in to view for a split second, then flew up above the clouds and there was a breathtaking screeching roar, sounding as powerful as the sea, but as soothing as the clouds. The grey blur came down and crashed in to the ground. As soon as the dust cleared up, there was another breathtaking roar. That's when the dust cleared and you saw the mighty silver dragon standing in front of them.

"this" Zealot said, "is my dragon."