CHAPTER 11: FATHER

"Zealot, wake up" Eternitys wise voice rang in her head.

" wh... What's up?" Zealot asked.

"you have been asleep for three hours." he said.

"so?"

"we figured you would want some food." Flames soothing voice cut in.

Zealots stomach growled right on cue, and she gave them an innocent smile, why Blitz was in the background seeming amused by the whole thing.

"well, here..." Flame said, handing her a container filled with brown stuff. She recognized it right away as blink.

"ugh!" she complained,"not this again!"

"we have it everyday. Get used to it." Flame grinned.

After Zealot was done eating she looked around there campsite. It was a small clearing, barely able to fit both dragons, let alone, Flame and herself. The trees were a very brought green around there, and there was no sign of human life around, other then a few dragon prints in the ground. By the look of them, they had been there awhile. Zealot turned to Flame and walked over.

"hey... Where do you think Dra-" Zealot started.

There was a beating of wings in he distance, and it was easily less then a mile away, and coming on fast. The pounding of the wings was clearly able to be made out.

"we need to move! Now!" Eternity called out.

Zealot hopped on to Eternitys back, and Flame did the same with Blitz. They soared in to the air as fast as possible, but when they got up, Zealot looked in the direction, to see a big black dragon coming to them, and on it. The man.

"no... It's fine!" Zealot said.

"no it's not! Zealot! We have to go!" Flame yelled over the noise.

"IT'S OK! ITS THE SHADOWRIDER!" Zealot screamed, as the dragon was upon them.

"land!" the man ordered, in the same tone as the one from her dream.

"Eternity, land" Zealot said.

"but... Zeal..?"

"land" she ordered again.

The dragon did as his rider said, having a gut feeling telling him to leave. This wasn't right... No ever dragon, silver or gold, ever met the Shadowrider... Why now?

The black figure flew down and landed on the ground with a thud. The man got off the dragon, that was atleast twice the size of Eternity. He stood next to his black dragon as Zealot hopped off of Eternity and stood, staring in his eyes, seeing darkness lashing out at her soul.

"Zealot..." the man gasped. The Shadowrider... Gasp..?

"how do you know me?" Zealot said, her cracky voice making it obvious she was terrified.

"well... My my..." the man said. "now I know you and Drako far to well!"

"how?"

"you... Do you remember your parents?"

"... Y...yes..." she murmured, with Eternitys growling setting an uneasy background.

"well?"

"of course!" she growled,"why would I not?"

"well, because they weren't your parents for starters..." the man gave a friendly smile, which confused Zealot deeply.

"no!" she roared. "your wrong!"

"Zealot, dear-" he got interrupted.

"Don't call me dear!" she yelled.

"I. Am. Your. Father." he yelled.

Zealot stopped in her tracks. She looked at the man. The one who was trying to tell her he was her father. She new it wasn't true. Was it? Part of her kept on pulling at her, like a dog to a toy. It can't be.

"my fathers gone!" she screeched.

"no-"

"yes! Drako killed him!" she roared.

"Zealot! Please! Listen!" he yelled

"why!? Why should I!?" she yelled back. "I don't even know your name."

"my name is Ryder" the Shadowrider said.

"Ryder..." Zealot whispered, just loud enough for Ryder to hear. It sounded familiar. How? She thought and thought. She remembered a story her mother had told her about a Ryder.

FLASHBACK

"The magnificent Ryder. He seemed to radiate darkness, like all the shadows bent to his will." her mother said. She remembered the face of her mother. It was as though she was remembering something she had seen herself.

"the Shadowrider!" little Zealot said, awe obvious in her voice.

"yes! It's said that they are not able to have and children, for they are so strong, so full of awe nobody would dare try, but a few brave people tried."

"who mommy!? Who!" Zealot asked, very excited.

"Trya, Nentia, Jenrio, and Tyra"her mother said. "the Shadowrider existing now had a child with Tyra, but died giving birth, and the child took all the skills of her mother."

REAL TIME

"now Zealot, I need you to listen, no matter how crazy it may sound." Ryder said.

"what? What is it?" Zealot asked.

"I am your father." Ryder said calmly.

Zealot nodded her head.

"the family you were in offered to take you in, because I was not supposed to have a child."

Zealot nodded again.

"the reason I couldn't have a child... The Shadowrider would favor them if they got picked. Three other shadowriders before me have had children. I am the only one to have a child have a chance of being the heir to my place."

"but... You didn't tell me?" Zealot said, understanding this, and believing it.

"I wanted to keep you safe, but now you have Eternity to do that."

"I... I..."

"and that's why I gave you my sword, and I have been using the silver elemental blade."

"d... Dad?" she said with uncertainty. "what is your dragons name?"

"her name?" Ryder asked, seeming proud at the question.

"yes, her name"

"her name..." he started,"is Zealot"

Zealots eyes busted open. It's like the shock was to unbearable for her.

"calm down..." Eternity spoke in her mind.

"y... You... Named her Zealot?" Zealot asked.

"I have always loved the name, and I wished for you to hold it, be proud if it!"

They heard wings slapping against the air, so close they must have been in some sort of trance to not hear it at first. Both Zealot and Ryder looked up to see a gold dragon flying to the ground next to Ryder. The thud, loud and shaky, and she saw none other then Drako on her back.