CHAPTER 9: THE START

"wait, I have WHAT?!" Zealot screamed out.

"exactly what I said, he shadowriders blade, he named it Shade. Take care of it, this could be a test." Jason said.

At the moment the last word slipped from his mouth, she felt a shadow above her, just for a split second. Then it was gone. She felt disturbed, like it was something she had to see, but when she looked up, she saw nothing.

"I don't know if it's a good idea to go up there with that..." Flame stated.

"what could be wrong with it?" Jason asked.

"one word... Drako" both Flame and Zealot said in unison.

Jason looked at them both with a blank look on his eyes.

"why would Drako care?" Jason asked.

"the silver dragon rider getting the shadowriders sword? I know I would be jealous..." Flame said.

"well he will just have to deal with it." Jason said. "just nobody lead him on."

They nodded and hoped back on there dragons. They flew back to the training room and were let off, first Flame, then Jason, and last, Zealot. Eternity looked in to the room and saw the gold rider sitting there glaring at him. That's when everything went wrong. Drako seemed to blank out for a few moments before giving a cruel smile. Zealot knew what was going on. That's when there was a screech then a blast of fire hit the side of the alliance. The blast erupted to the training room, and students started running out the window on the otherside, and hoping on there dragons, all coming to the rescue of there riders. You saw partners of two on dragons, and it seemed like it had been rehearsed plenty of times.

"get out of here!" Jason yelled to everyone.

Zealot was standing there, takin everything in. The blazing fire in the alliance. The gold dragon in front of her... Wait! In front of her!? She snapped out of it just in time to jump out of the way of Typhoons tail. Again and again, Typhoon whipped that tail at her, fast as lightning. Again and again, Zealot dodged, waiting for her chance to strike. Typhoon shook the ground with one mighty roar, then swung her tail once more, going so fast, Zealot was unable to dodge it. She smashed it to the brick wall, remembering looking in her flight at Eternity, to see he was fighting Drako, but going harder on him they Typhoon was to her. He was snapping and using fire.  Why was Typhoon not going full force.

"she can't." Eternity said.

"what why not" she said, right when Typhoon ran over and smashed her tail in to the air, missing her by only a hairs length.

"she is unhappy with her rider. She has no ability. Drako thinks he and his dragon are strong because of the legend, but in truth, we are stronger. Typhoon knows that."

Just then the walls started to cave in on them. The rubble separated her from Typhoon for just long enough to pull out Shade. Typhoon knocked through the rubble until she saw Zealot. Until she saw her sword.

"she has the shadowriders blade!" Typhoon shouted aloud, making Zealot confused. Dragons can talk aloud? That's a new one... She looked in to the dragons eyes. She swung the blade and it seemed to tell her what to do. It controlled her. It felt good. The dragon flapped her mighty wings, and took off in the direction of her rider. She flew over and grabbed him from under Eternitys paw. He screamed in pain as the dragon ripped him out of the claws, and Eternitys claws slicing his skin. Zealot heard a crack coming from the building. Eternity quick flew over grabbed her, and flew out. No later then they had gotten out, the building collapsed. She looked around but couldn't see any sign of them.

"they flew to the mountains. Fear struck them when you unsheathed Shade" Eternity said.

"the gold dragon and rider... Afraid..? Something isn't right with this sword..." Zealot said.

"got that right... Well how bout we go to sleep will find them in the morning..." Eternity suggested.

"alright..." Zealot said

As they flew back to her home she took one last look at the huge building, now laying in ruins because of her.