Bonus Chapter One

Almost-Disastrous Wedding Day and A Perfect Honeymoon

When the lights went out, Olivia knew something was wrong.

Her wedding day started perfectly. The skies were clear, her dress fit, the flowers arrived on time...It was just perfect. But just before her soon-to-be-stepsister-in-law, Lottie a bridesmaid, went down the aisle, all the lights went out. In an almost windowless room, it terrified the guests.

Olivia stayed in the upstairs room that she had used to get ready in. She was near hyperventilation. Her mother didn't know what to do or what to say. Guests were already milling out the building, wondering if the wedding would still commence. The skies had broken into a horrible storm, forcing almost everyone to stay inside.

"Olivia, what do you want me to do?" Regina asked. "I'll do anything." There was a soft knock on the door.

"Open the door." Olivia answered. Her mother nodded eagerly and made her way to the door. Olivia looked up just as soon as she opened it. Louis rushed in.

Ever since Olivia got her dress, she refused to let her fiance see it. But now she didn't care. She stood up and collapsed in Louis' arms.

It was all wrong. Nothing was going according to plan. Their wedding was a disaster. They were shut inside due to such a terrible storm. No one cared about their wedding anymore. They just cared about getting home. Olivia sobbed onto her should-be husband's shoulder. Her mother slipped out the door, leaving them to privacy.

"It's all ruined!" Olivia wailed. Louis calmingly shushed her, holding her tight.

"It's not ruined." He said. Olivia pulled back and nodded.

"Yes! It's storming outside, the lights are all out...our perfect day is shattered." Louis helped Olivia sit back down in her chair. Louis sat next to her and grabbed her hands.

"Look, not everything is bad..." Louis tried. Olivia shot him a glare.

"This day is useless now. Everyone will have to go home and we'll have to pay for another day. Half the people won't even come then. What's the purpose?" Olivia was devastated.

"We were going to get married today." Louis said. He pulled Olivia's chin so she met his eyes. "Today you and I were finally going to be married. And we still will." Olivia tried to butt in, but Louis kept going. "Just because there has been a few hiccups doesn't mean the purpose of today is shot. I still want to marry you. I will marry you today. Stop worrying about the guests. This is our day. Not theirs. Just think about the fact that we will get married today."

"But we can't see--"

"Let me fix that." Louis interjected. "Give me thirty minutes. Then, when you walk through those doors, we will be married." He went to kiss her, but stopped. Louis kissed her cheek instead, earning a smile from Olivia. "We're saving that for the wedding kiss." He whispered.

"Thirty minutes?" Olivia asked, hoping for the best. Louis smiled.

"Thirty minutes." He promised.

*****

Olivia didn't know what to expect. She tightened her grip on her mother's arm as Lottie slipped out of the doors in front of her. Her father was not invited and there was no way Olivia was going to have him walk her down the aisle. They never made any reconciliation. Her best friend Avery, her maid of honor, left through the doors with Harry, Louis' best man. Louis' baby cousin was the flower girl, and the four year old tottered down the aisle spreading her flowers perfectly out.

Olivia had her grandmother's old ring. She had a blue fabric heart sewn into the back of her dress beside the zipper where her long brown hair still covered it up. She had the silver sixpence hidden in her all-too-expensive heels. She borrowed a clip from her best friend Avery who wore in her wedding to her recent fiance Michael. She also bought a new, very simple necklace that was hand-made. Olivia planned sending that to her daughter or daughters when they would get married.