Chapter Fifty-Seven

Olivia's P.O.V.

“So what do you want for your birthday?” I asked Louis, wrapping my arms around his shoulders for a simple hug.

“Nothing.” He replied. I rolled my eyes and took his hand in mine. We continued to walk through the shopping center. We were purposefully being in public together to make all rumors true.

“You must want something.” I said. I glanced in the different shops.

“If I really wanted something I wouldn't tell you.” Louis said. I looked over at him and frowned.

“But why?” I asked. I saw some people take a few photos. Doncaster was fairly large, so the news traveled fast. Eventually there were 'silent' herds of teenage girls following us. They pretended like they weren't following us, but it was pretty clear when they went in every store that we did and turned every corner we did.

“If I wanted something I'd get it myself. Use my own money with my own time. I don't like gifts.” Louis said. I scoffed.

“Since when?” Louis smiled and then laughed.

“Look, I just don't want anything, okay? I really don't want anything.” He told me. I intentionally bumped into him, causing him to almost run into an old lady on a mechanical cart.

“Well then, don't do it for yourself, do it for me. I mean how bad would it look if I showed up without a gift for my boyfriend.” I said. Louis and I passed a baby store. My heart withered. I looked down at my abdomen. Empty. Forever empty. Then all of a sudden Louis pulled me into him. He looked down on me with genuine eyes.

“I love you.” He assured me. I smiled and leaned up and kissed him. I temporarily forgot the squeals the girls gave, I forgot all the happy expecting parents shopping for baby clothes, and I forgot about everything that had been weighing me down.

“I love you, too.” I told him. Louis smiled real big, the kind of smile that makes his eyes crumple up. Then we continued, hand in hand, through the mall.

It was Christmas Eve, Eve. The day before Louis' birthday. I didn't have anything for him but every time I tried to buy him something, he didn't want it all of a sudden. I was about to just buy him a dumb calendar. My family and Louis' family have always spent Christmas Eve and most of Christmas day together. Maybe it was because Louis and I were dating, but also because our mums were still best friends. So I had today to buy something, but Louis didn't want anything.

“What if I just buy you a nice shirt. You don't even have to like it or wear it, you just have to receive it and make me look good.” I told him. Louis just leaned over and kissed my cheek.

“You always look good.” He murmured. I blushed crazily.

“No, like not physical appearance, but like...like...oh you know what I mean!” I gently punched his arm. Louis kept on his cute little smile. We passed the pre-teen store and there was a rack of One Direction stuff. I smiled and pulled Louis over to it. Louis looked thoroughly embarrassed.

“Olivia, what are you doing.” He asked with a straight face. I held up one of the extra-small shirts with Harry's face on it.

“I think this really compliments your skin tone.” I told him. He just glared at me, looking at the other people in the store. “Too bad they don't have your size.” I clucked my tongue. Then I saw something that really would make him mad. I leaned over to the next rack and held up another shirt to him. It showed The Wanted.

“NO.” Louis growled. He ripped the shirt away from me and threw it back towards The Wanted's rack. I was laughing. Louis looked pissed, but it was okay because I knew he loved me anyways. Louis turned and left the store and I had no choice but to follow him.