Chapter Fifty-Two

Olivia's P.O.V.

“Do I look okay?” I asked Avery. She stared at my skinny jeans and my blouse and my dark yellow jacket and smiled.

“You look hot.” She told me. I laughed and turned back to my mirror. My door opened and Natalia walked in. I gave her a small wave and she gave me a smile. She went over to her desk, put in her headphones, and got on her laptop. We didn't talk much.

“Okay. I think I'm ready.” I said with complete confidence. I got my phone from my wristlet and checked the time and place for the sixth time. It was just down the road from my dorm, so I could easily have walked there. But I didn't want to be sweaty and gross for Louis. So I decided to have Avery drive me. We went to her car and I got in the passenger's seat, trying to remember how to breath even when I'm nervous. I swallowed hard as Avery started up the car.

“Don't forget to breathe.” She told me as we drove down the block. I nodded. “Don't be too dorky, but you can be a little goofy.” I nodded again. “And don't forget to actually talk about what happened. You won't get passed it unless you actually discuss it.” I nodded again and contemplated on writing this all down. “I just want you to have fun, but also get down to business.” She told me.

“I know.” I replied. I picked at the edge of my yellow jacket. “I'm nervous, though.” I told her. She gave me a sympathetic smile.

“I know you are. But just remember to be calm and collected.” She said. “Don't give into him too quickly, but make sure you know you still have an interest in him. You don't want him to think he's completely lost his chance, now do you?” I shook my head. “So make sure you give a little touch on the arm, maybe a little wink, maybe some cute giggles. I mean, not too overboard, but just a little hint.” And soon, we were there. I was standing in front of the little shop we agreed to meet at. “Is he here?”

“I don't know.” I tried to look for Louis' car or Louis himself, but I didn't see anything. “Maybe I should just go in.” I said, unbuckling my seat belt.

“Okay, well...good luck!” Avery told me. I smiled at her and then got out of the car. “Don't forget all that I've told you!” She called to me.

“I won't!” I assured her. “Your hard work won't go to waste!” Avery just laughed and backed out. I waved as she drove out of the lot and back towards our school.

I walked towards the coffee shop, still trying to look for Louis. I didn't see him so I went inside. I stood in line behind three other people to order my drink. When it was my turn, I ordered a hot chocolate. I'm not a big fan of coffee so I usually just get that. And their tea isn't very good. I was shuffling for my bills in my wallet when a hand reached over my shoulder.

“I've got hers.” A voice said. I smiled and closed my wallet as the barista tendered the change. I turned and smiled up at Louis. “Hello.” He said. I looked down and then back up at him.

“Hi.” Louis got back his change but didn't break eye contact from me. He paid for his own drink and then we sat down. He looked so good. He was wearing pale jeans and a striped shirt. I recognized the striped shirt I would often steal. He didn't wear stripes much lately, but when he does, he looks smashing. “I didn't hear you come in.” I told him. Louis shrugged.

“I'm like a ninja.” He said with a wink. My heart fluttered. “Did you sleep well?” He asked. No. Not at all. I wanted to tell him. I kept thinking about you and I couldn't fall asleep. I wanted you by me so desperately that I couldn't even close my eyes without seeing your face.

“Yeah, it was fine.” I told him. Louis smiled and sipped some of his coffee.

“The weather seems fairly good for November.” Louis said. I nodded.