Ch 63: The Old Dwarf

Altea, the capital of freedom, whether they were kings of human kingdoms that littered the continent or people seeking a chance at life. Here the empire of Altea, ruled by king Leo Zircus decreed that everyone is to be given a fair chance and that in this bastion of freedom for humanity, they are to stick together as one.

This was the quick explanation Gregson had given to Avrin during the time they spoke when the group had dinner. "Master this city is enormous..." Asura said, a little surprised at how large the towering structures appeared.

"Quite expansive indeed" Avrin showed a little surprise at its grandeur. The convoy went on, avoiding the main path. They took a different route that led to a circular walled area that seemed more like an outpost; it was connected to the city walls that spanned nearly a hundred meters high.

Time went on as the carriages made their way through the streets. As Avrin exited his own carriage he noticed the Rose Blade carriage in the distance, it had continued down the main path where they were treated like heroes. Who wouldn't enjoy the reputation?

"Lord Avrin I do apologize, regarding the events that occurred before we arrived, I'm sure you want to see the city as soon as you can, why don't you take some time to do so while I handle my affairs if that is ok with you?" Gregson was quick to speak to Avrin, Avrin had already replied "no need to worry about me", accepting Gregson's offer. "After what had happened it would be better to rest a bit so I do find this okay. I'll explore it in my own time. Right now I think it's best if you did go on with settling you're matters as soon as you can so by all means go ahead."

Avrin truly wanted everything handled and over with, he was not one to linger around someone else's tracks for long, as he wanted his own path to traverse.

"Very well lord Avrin... I hope you will give me some time to handle the matters of my deceased soldiers" Avrin took a better look at Gregson seeing that he was clearly exhausted with a little emotional strain and anger.

"Uh.. Let me apologize lord Gregson I seem to have forgotten the events that occurred. I'm sure you have quite a bit of work to go through regarding it as well as the task you were tending to on the elven continent."

Letting out a sigh of relief, Gregson was at ease. Regarding Avrin's understanding, "2 months at most Avrin, I personally want to visit the families of the deceased to give my apologies at my lack of awareness" he said with a sad expression.

Avrin's respect towards Gregson had raised a few levels; he was a man who put in the effort to personally treat a soldier with individual importance, truly someone to respect. "Take the time you need I guess my companion and I will seek an inn and explore the city a little."

Gregson chuckled softly "Lord Avrin, wouldn't you both like to stay at my residence here? I'm sure it'll be suitable for both of you."Thinking about it Avrin neither wanted to bring too much attention nor did he want to leech. Although he would be at Gregson's residence he felt he had his own problems.

"I must decline Gregson but if you need me I'll try to find the closest inn near the Fafnir forge." Gregson's eyes lit up as he grinned "sparing no time for that hobby of yours ha-ha I'm sure the grand forge master will enjoy your talents, in that case shall I have a carriage take you through the military entrance?"

Shaking his head Avrin motioned Asura to follow him "that's fine, if there's nothing else, I'll see you in a couple of months." With clear eagerness Avrin and Asura vanished using their great speed, leaving Gregson shaking his head at the two jewels he had found.

The city of Altea was a bustling hub of life and trade, imported goods from all around Seleria could be seen here. Rare trinkets to exotic fruits as well as street performers. The streets of Altea were clean and there are no beggars or orphans on the streets.