Kelsi

~One week earlier~

They just took our two fighters away from us!

I thought as I watched Kiara and Diana go with Adam and Mason to talk more about training for this battle. Feeling far less secure than I felt before we met the resistance, I took this chance to look over the leader of the resistance. Rachael was about the same height as me,which is short, and she had brighter than fire red hair. She had green eyes, and wore black pants, a green shirt, and had a rapier on her left side, which meant her dominant hand is her right hand. I tried to memorize every inch of her, in case Elise, Diana, or Kiara got captured and held at ransom. If such a situation happened, I'd gladly give Rachael up for any of them. She noticed my staring.

"What do you need?" She spoke with a quaint kind of elegance that made me wonder how she became a freedom fighter. Not just any freedom fighter, but the leader of the freedom fighters.

"I was just wondering what Elise and I should be doing." In all truth, I was actually wondering that among other things.

"Oh, well, considering you both have lived under the radar for most of your lives, I was thinking we might be able to train you in our future leaders course. I teach it, as well as a few of our other core leaders. But first, there is something I need you both to do. Follow me." Rachael begins to walk through the compound, both Elise and I follow. On the way to wherever Rachael is leading us, she gives us a tour of the place, showing where they make cures for the drug, a map room showing all the districts in which they have a compound and where the GKE bases are. However, my favorite place would've been the intel headquarters. The walls were lined with touch screen computers, as well as the highest grade tech, including some things that I couldn't even begin to imagine their purpose.

After leading Elise and I around for a good 20 minutes, she walked into a room that had no windows, no obvious doors, or any openings whatsoever. Rachael opened the door to the room and held it, while Elise walked in casually, and I followed a little more cautiously. The second we were both in , Rachael walked in and closed the only escape route I knew of.

"Now," she said, a little too sweetly with an obvious fake smile on her face, "You are both going to swear that you will never reveal what you have seen here to any GKE official or else you are submitting yourselves to the highest degree of pain we can put you through before giving you the pleasure of dying." Now I figured out how she became the leader of such a company, she used fear. It worked. Or at least, worked for now.

Elise and I both swore to the only dead people we knew, on the holiest book we both knew of, as well as signing contracts to the resistance. At the end, I understood that my previous ideas towards Rachael had been completely and utterly wrong. As soon as we finished, Rachael released us from that horrifying room. She then lead us to a huge empty classroom. she turned to face both Elise and I.

"This is where your lessons as new leaders will take place." At this point, Rachael handed us notebooks and pencils. I hadn't seen a real notebook in years, especially since the GKE limits schooling to only the primary grades. Everything else is pretty much learn on the job.

"To get you both up to speed, I'll be helping to tutor you both. Since you both were in a science facility, I shall assume you both understand the basics for that field. So, let's start with math."

For the next four days, including lunch breaks and sleep, Elise and I got a top rate education straight from the head of the resistance herself. I almost instantaneously understood most topics, so I kept getting higher level work. While Elise seemed to shine with the topics of Math and the Sciences, she kept getting thrown off with English and History. In my opinion, the humanities were a little dull, but the tactics sessions reviewed strategies going back to the first civil war of the GKE. Then, from there, we learned about modern warfare, including how to train troops, lead a squadron, and bits and pieces on many other topics.