Kiara

"Let me out!" Kelsi shouted.

She stood by the door, trying to punch Chris.

After Kelsi had found out that Elise had been kidnapped, Adam had sent Chris to take her and put her in this room. We were sitting in the abandoned building we found five minutes away from the actual attack. The building was small, with only two rooms, and one was a smelly bathroom. For some reason, it still had electricity, so I was able to turn on the light and not sit in the dark.

I had no idea what this room was for. It was completely empty. The bright fluorescent lighting bathed the room. I sat on the ugly brown carpet, staring at Kelsi trying to get past Chris.

Mason had put me in here and locked me in. After Elise's announcement, I had a meltdown. He had restrained me and dragged me here, telling me that he couldn't risk me getting hurt when I wasn't thinking straight.

He tried to kiss me, but I pushed him away. After a bit of resistance, he managed to kiss the top of my head.

"Stay here," he told me, staring intently into my eyes, which were currently glowering at him. "Just, don't try to leave. It'd make me feel a lot better."

He left me, and apparently had someone waiting outside. I could hear him talking to someone, and after he left, I could hear the occasional cough.

Ugh, I thought, is he sick?

Not even five minutes later, Chris came in holding a screaming and kicking Kelsi. I'd been sitting on the floor, watching her struggle with him. She still hadn't realized that I was here, and neither had Chris, each focused on trying to overpower the other.

"Kelsi, stop," I said.

They both jumped and turned. They stopped fighting with each other. Kelsi looked at me, while sneaking several glances back at Chris, making sure that he was focused completely on me.

"Kiara? What are you doing here?" Chris asked, clearly confused. Kelsi took this opportunity to try and kick him, thinking that he wasn't paying attention. Unfortunately for her, he was, and grabbed her leg. He twisted it and she fell on her back, making a solid thud as she hit the floor.

She closed her eyes and let out a small groan. She then opened her eyes and blinked a few times.

I stared at him in shock for a few minutes. It was strange to see someone overpower Kelsi like that.

"Mason put me in here," I said. I looked towards Kelsi. She managed to sit up, and crawled to a wall, where she leaned against it.

"Sorry Kelsi," Chris said, with an apologetic look in his eyes. Kelsi looked at him and scoffed.

He then turned back to me.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because he didn't want me to fight. Since we're dating and all of that," I lied. I wanted to get out and fight, get out and find Elise. Sitting here locked in a room was not going to help me find her.

Kelsi looked at me, clearly confused. She'd seen me leave and fight with the rest of the team.

"The leader of the troops can't do that. Hang on, I'll call Adam. He'll let you fight," Chris said with certainty.

"That won't work. Adam has no power over the troops, remember? Only Mason does," I reminded him. If Adam found out the real reason I was here, he'd leave me locked in the room. Besides, Mason would just say I couldn't fight, and Adam wouldn't be able to do anything about it even if he wanted to.

"Adam gave us orders today," he said, arguing with me.

"Yeah, that was because it was an emergency. Otherwise he can't," I explained.