Mason

I sat in the medical wing, just outside of the operation room. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. How Kiara had gotten hurt because of me.

I ran through the halls. After I saw her fighting that soldier, I became frantic, thinking about how she was fighting and I was doing nothing to help. How she could get hurt because I wasn't there.

I saw her laying on the floor, with the soldier on top of her. She was punching Kiara in the face, and my mind turned blank with fury.

Suddenly, Kiara pushed the soldier off of her. I saw the soldier pull out a knife. I had to warn her.

"Kiara," I called.

Kiara turned her head towards me, and the soldier, taking advantage of her distractedness, stabbed her in the stomach. Pulling out my gun, I shot her in the head, and she fell. I ran over and kicked her away from Kiara, who was gasping for air.

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit," I kept saying. I picked her up and ran through the halls. It hurt her, a lot from the crying and the moans she was making, but I managed to get her into the transporter quickly. After I laid her on the ground, I called for medical assistance. By the time we got to the med wing, the med staff were already waiting for us with the stretcher. They put her on it and wheeled her away. I followed them into the med wing, and tried to go into the operation room, but they blocked me.

The GKE had been flushed out, and now we were trying to repair any damage they made.

"I'LL KILL HIM! I'LL KILL THE BASTARD!" Kelsi shouted in the hall. I cringed.

The doors burst open and in came Kelsi, Elise, and Diana, their faces red with fury. Adam stood in the doorway with an expression saying, you're on your own bro.

Kelsi had her sword in her hand, no doubt from using it to fight. She walked up to me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. Pushing me up against the wall, she placed the sword at my throat. Even though this wasn't the first time I'd been in a situation like this, this was the first time I was truly scared.

"Listen here, you piece of shit," Kelsi growled in my face, "I trusted you. I let you walk out of this room with one of my friends, thinking that if anything happened, you'd protect her. And you got her stabbed. Try that again, and next time, this sword on your throat won't just be a threat."

She backed away from me, her face still furious. I stayed there, unable to move. Elise came up to me, and I thought she'd tell me to ignore Kelsi, that she was just upset since Kiara got stabbed.

I've never been more wrong in my life.

Elise slapped me, one of the hardest slaps I'd ever felt. I placed my hand on my cheek, feeling the burning sensation.

"That is for getting my friend stabbed."

She walked away from me as well, sitting next to Kelsi, who was sitting on the bed farthest away from me.

Diana, on the other hand, was sitting on the bed closest to me. I sat down next to her, hoping she'd tell me that she wasn't mad at me. Instead, she got up immediately, sitting next to Elise and Kelsi.

Adam came, however, and sat down, before pulling me into a hug.

"That was a boneheaded move, you know. She got distracted because of you," he told me.

"I know," I whispered. It had taken almost all my willpower not to cry, not to just leave and never talk to her again.

It was my fault she got hurt.