Elise

I led Kelsi back to where everyone was gathering.

She became out of breath trying to catch up with me. "Stop walking so fast."

I shrugged. "Time is of the essence."

"Now, do you mind filling me in on what the hell just happened?"

"Well, while you were getting your beauty sleep, I went out on patrol and came across some GKE soldiers."

"Oh my god!" 

"Relax, I killed them all."

"How many were there?"

I counted on my fingers each time my katana had sliced through a body. "Six."

Kelsi's eyes widened. "Six GKE soldiers? By yourself?"

I dismissed it like it was nothing. "That's not the point."

Kelsi looked like her eyes would pop out of her head. "How---"

"Anyways, I called for backup and some of our guys scouted out the surrounding area."

"Come on, Elise, just cut to the chase."

"All right, well, some of our guys came across some...weapons."

"Weapons?" Kelsi gasped.

"Yeah. Remember Section 49?"

"Don't tell me."

"A repeat of that. Only in Section 50."

"We can stop them, right?"

"See, that's the problem. You don't know where 50 is, do you?"

Kelsi shook her head.

"It stretches from 49 out until the Redwood border. You know who lives all the way over there? Refugees. People who are exiled, poor, even fellow Resistance members in hiding. The GKE has enough ranks to bomb all of it in an instant."

Kelsi looked horrified. She refused to look at me, unable to deal with the information I had just shared. "How can we stop them?"

"Honestly? I don't even know. Rachael and Adam are planning something but no one really knows. I can't blame them, it's a tough situation. But we have to do something."

***

I heard Rachael and Adam screaming at each other inside Rachael's office.

Diana's fists clenched. "I feel so...I can't explain it."

"I think you're angry." I said.

Diana blinked. "Angry?"

"Yeah, like mad."

"Mad?"

"You dislike something. Like a lot."

"Oh. Then yes, I'm angry."

"They can't be talking about the plan." Kiara said.

"Oh, they're not talking." Kelsi spoke up. "They're yelling."

"Elise, do you know what our guys did with the bombs they found?" Kiara asked.

I stood up. "Ask your boyfriend, he's one of them."

I was on my way to Rachael's office to talk some sense into her when Adam burst out, his face red with rage.

I stepped past him and walked into her office without knocking. "We need to do something."

Rachael sat at her desk, rubbing her temples. "Tell me something I don't know."

"Luckily, I'm not like everyone else and I'll tell you what's up. In case you forgot, I worked for the GKE. For a long time. And you probably think I spent my days wasting away at a computer screen or something, but I actually learned a few things."