a look in the past...

Anyna's POV

"Its all because of you, if you hadn't come between us we would have been so much happier.... So much happier...happier...but no" her father said with a cruel smile. He stepped forward holding a butchers knife in one hand.
"You ruined me you little ugly slut!!" He shouted and stepped forward stabbing her in the stomach.
She wanted to scream but no voice came out. From afar she saw another man laughing at her and pointing at the blood which was dripping on to the floor.

"GET OUT ANYNA!!" a new voice screamed, it belonged to a woman and she sounded panicked.
Suddenly she was pushed away
"run Anyna run!! Don't wait for me!! Hide my dear child!"

"Anyna!!Anyna!! Wake up!!"

I jolted awake and saw my mother seated beside me her hand on my forehead. I realized I was sweating and I felt tears run down my cheeks.

I hung on to my mother and started sobbing.

"Hush my child, it was just a nightmare.. You are okay.. Come on..breathe slowly.. Yes..good"

My mother kept whispering comforting words to me until I calmed down, I looked into her warm eyes and my thoughts went back to my father stabbing me with the knife. My heart twisted at the image and a fresh wave of tears came on.

"It was horrible mom, he just stood there insulting me and then stabbed me and then there was blood.. A lot of it." I stuttered. " was it really my fault he left? Why we lost all that money years ago?"

"Anyna Elizabeth Parker I will not hear you ask those questions ever again. That money was the bane of a business deal gone wrong. It was not my fault and most definitely not yours!

"So what happened?! Who was the woman he cheated on you with? Where did the money go?"

"I'll tell you everything..just not today..its still too early."

"Mom its been 7 years!! Its a bit too late to call it early!"

"What I meant was its too early in the morning. And you have school in an hour so why don't you freshen up and I'll go prepare breakfast okay sweetie?"

I could sense the finality in her tone so I knew there was no point in arguing about it. At least not today.

"Yeah, I'll be right down." I gave her a small smile as she exited the room.