Daddy Don

"Alright, we're here." Daniel steps out of the car and walks towards my side opening the door.

"You said house right?" I ask him still seated my feet unwilling to move.

"Um yeah."

"So this is not a house!!" I exclaim staring at the humungo jumbo mungo house in front of me. "Its a mansion..or a palace without those pointed tower things!"

"Oh. Yeah my fathers kinda well off." He rubs his neck sheepishly.

"Oh no no no," I step out of the car shaking my head. "This isn't 'kinda' well off. Its rolling on a bed of money well off. This is like the father of all well offs. This puts the well in well off.!"

I was blabbering now. But to be honest my nerves were jumping. First his father is supposedly tyrannical. And now his house is like Hogwarts without the towers. I was becoming intimidated by the moment.

Daniel grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his rock hard chest. "Will you calm down?"

Not when I'm pressed up to you like this, no.
Instead I said "I am calm. See. Breathe in. Breathe out. There you go calm."

"Uh huh." he nodded unconvinced. "Now walk. Left Right left right."

Embarrassed I pulled away from him and stalked towards the house. Which was about 200 yards away and my palms were already sweaty.

Gazing around I took in the luscious greenery that lined the gravel path. Trees stood tall and the bushes were neatly trimmed. Flowers of all colours adorned the garden. My eyes widened when I saw a fountain in the middle. The water shimmered as it cascaded down into the pool and the pure marble glistened in the evening sun.

Walking further I saw a few ducks waddling around the grass and nearby was a duckpond filled with lotuses.

Damn.

"Keep walking." A voice whispered politely.

"Woah!" Startled I turned around and saw a short old man with a rake in his hand. His eyes crinkled happily and  his smile was warm. Like a grandfather's. "Hi, I am Anyna."I greeted him.

"And this is Mitt." Daniel spoke up from behind. "He takes care of the grounds and the garden."

"Master D the roses are blooming quite nicely this year."
Daniel put an arm around the old man and they both started walking alongside me.

"Well, do you think I could have one for the special lady here Mittman?"

I blushed as Mitt turned his gaze towards me. A knowing smile spread across his and he shifted his eyes back towards Daniel. "Of course."

By the time we reached the house my breath was coming out in short pants.
Damn I was really out of shape. Even Mitt didn't seem half as tired.

I gazed at the house which was way too huge and very much intimidating.
The bricked walls were worn out but sturdy. There were large windows so high up that they probably gave a wonderful view across the estate. Yes. I'm calling this an estate.

Daniel placed his hand on my back. Seriously, I think it was becoming a habit, but I wasn't complaining, and we walked up the staircase towards a huge wooden door. Probably oak.

"Why do you live in such an old house?"

Daniel just raised his eyebrows at me, and that was when I heard myself. "No no I didn't mean it like that. I mean..is it an ancestral home or you know.