charity dance.

Wow.

My eyes widened as I took in the stunning decorations and easy atmosphere around the hall.

The place was crowded and some people had already started dancing. Women were dressed in elegant dresses and the men looked ravishing in decently cut tuxedoes. Our town didn't usually hold dances so I'm sure they had gone all out to make the
most of the evening.

The hall was decorated mostly in violet and silver which, when reflected by the white light from the chandeliers gave a magical halo across the room. It was truly magnificent.

We were led in by the escort to our reserved table. Thankfully the four of us were seated together.

"Hey guys, I'm starving. Where's the food?" I asked Milly placing a hand on my growling stomach. It had been ages since I had eaten lunch.

"We just arrived girl. Whats the rush."

Ugh. I need food. I groaned internally when I realised that Milly was going to be of no help. Looking around I noticed a long table at the back of the hall piled with short eats and drinks. Bingo!

But before I could make a move to get up Daniel placed his hand on mine and gestured to remain seated as he stood up and walked off towards the table.

Aww. A man who brings me food really does win my heart. My gaze remained fixed on him until someone not so subtly coughed from across me. I noticed that Mills and James were giving me wierd looks.

"What?!"

"Nothing." Milly smirked.

Good. Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" This time James spoke up giving me a knowing grin.

"I don't understand what your saying. Look away. I don't know anything."

"So obvious. So blatantly obvious." Milly shook her head. "Why don't you just admit that you like D- ONE DIRECTION so much."

Huh. What. I'm so confused.

"You like One Direction? I thought you had taste." A voice said from behind me. Daniel sat down in his seat placing the plate of food at the center.

"Excuse me...One Direction is bae." I said glaring at Daniel and then turned my head towards my best friend."Milly what the hell are you saying?!"

"We know your a closet fan." She said nervously, her eyes constantly jumping from me to James. She made a signal to let it go.

I was seriously creeped out by her eye movements. Raising an eyebrow I just shrugged dismissing the entire topic.

I turned to Akbar who was having a conversation with James.
"Wanna dance?"

He tilted his head towards me his eyes widening. I just shrugged holding out a hand. "Well?"

He nodded taking my hand in his and led me to the dance floor. He placed both his hands on my waist and lifted my hands to his shoulder. We danced to the music, our feet in perfect sync to the tunes of the song. As the song progressed I felt calm, and allowed a small smile to form on my lips.

"You seem less tense now."

I gazed into Akbar's eyes. Deep and irresistible as always. "I wasn't tense before."

"You were. Its okay. You don't have to tell me."

I knew he didn't believe me but I was thankful he'd let it go. The truth was, I knew what Milly had been implying. I was attracted to this blue-eyed hunk in front of me but no one could know that. Im too scared of rejection to take that risk.