16. Last Stand

An Original could never die not unless a stake made of an ancient oak tree pierced his heart. He could survive anything even having his heart ripped out. And Klaus was not only an Original vampire but the Original hybrid; his restoration abilities far exceeded those of his siblings. Still it took time. Time they no longer had.

Klaus opened his eyes to an unbelievable scene. He and his brother were chained opposite to each other. A woman was standing over his brother's body having her back to him. An inch closer and he could reach her. Elijah made no movement. He did not speak. Klaus shifted his body to see more clearly. Elijah's eyes were closed. He seemed unconscious but Klaus could not be certain. Elijah could be faking it. To what reason he did not know.

Klaus gave another look to the woman and once he saw she wasn't paying attention to him he tried to free himself of his restrains. He found out that he could not. Overcome by curiosity Klaus gave a closer look to his chains. They seemed normal, the same stuff you can find in every supermarket all over the world. Yet, if they were normal he should have been able to free himself. He gazed at the woman once more, took in the scene around him. The fight with their father had really wrecked the compound yet he did not see anything strange. He turned to the woman once more. Who was she? Why was she here? Time to be formally introduced. He thought and cleared his throat. The sound got her attention.

"I don't believe we've been acquainted have we?" Klaus gave her a flashing smile.

"I don't usually sort with your kind vampire."

"Oh, but I'm not just a vampire darling. And you are not just a human are you? You're a witch. And a strong one if you can hold me. These chains you made. They're a work of art but come on now. How long do you think they can hold me? I am Klaus Mikaelson after all."

"They don't need to hold you for long. Just long enough."

"Long enough for what?"

"For me." Mikael came into the scene. "You can go now." He told the woman.

"Don't waste your breath boy." He turned to Klaus. "Your charm won't work on her. She would never help you. Not after what your species has done to her people. There is nothing she wants more than to see all of you perish."

"Is that so? And tell me father why do you need her? I thought you were all powerful and stuff. What's with the backup?"

"I might be all powerful as you say but unfortunately I still need the white oak stake to kill you and you as so happened have destroyed my last one."

"Now, isn't that a pity? I would say I'm sorry but then again I'm not."

"Do not be so gleeful boy. You have only delayed your death you did not stop it. Your end is nearing. It is only a matter of time. Soon I will have the means to kill you and I will make you beg for mercy."

Mikael knocked Klaus's head on the wall and Klaus lost consciousness once more.

Gia was trapped. Chained to a chair, eyeing her worst nightmare. His smile infuriated her. How could he be so calm when she was boiling on the inside?

"You might want to stop that now. There is no escape. No one is coming for you. And soon we will be together forever."

"That will never happen Phoenix. I'd rather die than to be tied with you forever."

"You say that now but you'll change your mind. We will be so happy together. You'll see."

"We will be happy? Together? Have you completely lost your mind? I could never be happy with you Phoenix. I hate you. Do you hear me? I hate you."