1. Broken

She woke up again screaming. Nightmares haunted her mind, as memories came rushing back. It was like that now. Ever since that day. That god forsaken day, when everything fell apart. Life lost all meaning to her then. She had lost everything and all that remained was pain. Pain and loss. A loss so deep nothing could ease. It was like she lost a part of herself along with him. A part of her soul. Only one thing kept her going. Revenge. And she would have it. Even if it cost her her life. She was dead inside as it was, anyhow.

It wasn't easy to find him. She had used all of her resources and came up empty. And that said something. No one could hide from her for long. Her mind, her training not to mention her wealth and connections made it almost impossible for anyone to escape her. Anyone but him. He was just as good as she was. Her equal in every way. She had to be cautious. The only advantage she had over him was his belief of her demise. She was supposed to have died along with her husband. She survived. But not him. Her loving husband. Her heart and soul, was forever lost. And she was lost without him.

She kept searching, knowing that sooner or later he would appear. And there he was. She caught his trail in a city known for it's cultural heritage and rich architecture. New Orleans.

Her thoughts skipped to Danny, once again. Memories came flashing back. They had been to the city before. Laughing and dancing and exploring. Her days were filled with happiness then. All were gone now. He was gone. They thought they were invincible. They couldn't have been more wrong. Her soul was in agony. Grief and sorrow defined her. The first weeks following his demise, she had reached a breaking point. Desperation hit her hard. She used to drink herself to oblivion. Even thought about taking her own life. She almost did it once. His memory stopped her from acting. He wouldn't want that. But even at her worst she remained hidden. Her survival a secret hidden from everyone around her. Everyone she knew and trusted. And then she decided to act. Seek revenge at all costs. She revealed herself to those close to her and a plan begun to form. But first she had to find him. And that wasn't an easy task. She was determined though.

She booked the first flight to New Orleans, using the new identity she had created, and soon she was traveling towards her destiny. And a new beginning.