Gotta go (part one)

Authors note:

Hey everyone! It's finally summer! So, I'm going to make you suffer for a few moments with my sob story. The last week of school sucked! Now I'm not gonna go into super detail about it but yea it was depressing. So, I decided not to let you guys go any longer with the cliff hanger so here is the next chapter. It will be split into two parts so it's gonna be kinda short because I wanna watch this one movie so imam gonna hurry up and post this quick so hope you enjoy.

______________________________________________________________________________

recap:

"Hello?" I say uneasily.

"Hey sweetheart," A voice came from the other end. I froze as I recognized the voice.

"mum?"

~~~~~~~~

Riley's P.O.V.

"Look Riley, I know you probably don't want to talk to me but-" She started but I cut her off by snorting.

"Oh please, why would want to talk to you?" I sneer into the phone. Louis raises his eyebrows but nods slightly before exiting the house.

"Please let me explain," I stay silent and she gets the note to continue. "Okay, so it's hard to explain myself when we aren't even in the same country. After I left, I moved here, to Chicago," She pauses.

"You mean like, Chicago as in the Chicago in the States?" I ask.

"yeah," She replies. "So, since I don't feel the need to explain over the phone, how about you come over here for a month or so, so that we can learn about each other again?"

I ponder the thought for a moment. I haven't seen my mum in years and then all of a sudden she just pops up into my life? Seems sort od suspicious. But, I guess visiting her for a few weeks won't hurt. And besides, I want answers, so why not get them from the source of all this trouble? After more deep thinking I come to my conclusion.

"Alright mum, I'll stay with you but only if you don't force me to stay longer than I want to and I get all the answers I need. Deal?" I say.

"Alright, I'll be at the airport Chicago by Saturday. I'll be sure to call when I'm close to landing," I didn't give her time to reply before I hung up.

I remembered Louis waiting on the porch outside. I walked to the door and opened it. As I stepped onto the porch all eyes were on me.

"Who was on the phone Riley?" Amber asks from her place on Liam's lap.

"Uhh, it was my um, my...mum," I say quietly.

Amber stands up and walks over to me. She looks me in the eyes before wrapping her arms around my torso.

"What did she say?" Amber asks.

"She wants me to stay with her in Chicago for about two weeks," I say.

Silence.

"are you going to go?" Louis asks.

"Yes," I say.

"You should go pack then. And make sure you call us every single night," he says.

I smile and walk into the house followed by everyone else.

I go upstairs but stop by the door to the attic. I open the old door and go up the stairs each one creaking as my foot lands on it.

I quickly find the old dress in its protective wrapping. I pull it and hold it high enough so it won't drag the ground. Once I'm back in my room I unzip the plastic wrap and pull the lace wedding dress out of the package. This is my mum's wedding dress. The one she wore when she married my dad.

I pull off my clothes and slip it on zipping it up from the zipper on the side.

I admire it in the mirror.

This is going to be difficult.

____________________________________

Author's note

There we go. Part one of two. The second one will be up as soon as possible.

Izzy:)

.