I Should Of Called You Sooner

Kayla's POV,

Call Me A Bitch Or Not Idc, A Few Weeks After August Came To My House Apologizing I Called Him Back Over To My Place, Explaining That I Wasn't Ready for What He Was And
Maybe He Shouldn't Invest His Time In Us. It Hurt My Heart But After Sitting Down With Ariel A While Ago. I Knew If Being With August Came Along With That Drama I Didn't Want That For My Daughter. My Daughter Is My Heart And Id Go To War To Make Sure She's Protected, Along With Myself.

I Picked Up The Paper Breathing In.

"Come On Please Pick Up" I Said Waiting For The Person To Pick Up

I Jumped Onto The Counter Waiting And Still Waiting. I Hung It Up And Cursed Under My Breath..

I Jumped Down Walking Over To An Awake Anna. I Instantly Smiled, Outta Everything Bad In My Life She Was My Fresh Of Breath Air- My Phone Rang And I Rushed To It Seeing The Number I Just Called.

I debated To Not Pick It Up. I Stared At It Until It Stopped Ringing , But Before I Had Time To Walk Away It Rang Again..

I Picked It Up.

"I Know You Heard Me Calling Who Is This ?"

I Stayed Quiet...

"And I Can Hear You Breathing All Heavy.. Look I Ain't Got Time For Games"

They Were Very Mad And I Was Literally Afraid To Say It Was Me

"Okay Fine You Win. I'm Hanging Up"

"Wait" I Said

"Oh So Now You Choose To Speak"

"I'm sorry.. I-I Got Scared ..."

"If I'm Not Mistaken Your The One Who Called Me"

"Yeah .. Um About That My Apologies I Think I Got The Wrong Number" 

"You Sure ?"

".. Yeah I'm Sure"

"Alright Than Have A Nice Day" Before I Could Say Anything He Hung Up.

Maybe I Felt A Little Guilty About What All Happened. I Didn't Have The Wrong Number In Fact I Had The Right Number, But Just Wasn't The Right Time To Call .. So I Called Ally.

I Packed A Bag For Anna And Hit Allisons Contact Number.

"Yes Babes What's Up" Her Voice Beamed Thru The Phone.

"Are You Free? "

"Yes I'm Always Free For You Come Right Over Love" I Knew She Was Smiling. It Made Me Smile, Ally Was Like One Of My Extra Kidneys. I Loved Her For Everything She Did For Me And Anna.

"Be There in 5" I Said Before Hanging Up.

-------------------------------------------

I Pull Up In Her Driveway, Cut The Engine. I Got Anna Out Her Carseat and Grab Her Diaper Bag , Headed Inside

"Ally! I'm here" I Call Out Walking In Her House

We Have That Type Of Friendship

"We're in Here"

I Paused . Who's All We ?

I Just Proceeded Farther Into Her House. When I Reached Her Living Room, She Was In There On The Floor With Mariah and JESUS.. I Didn't Even Know He Be Over Here Today.

Just My Luck. I smiled And Put Anna Down Next To Mariah

"Kayla August's Lady Right?" He Asked

"No Its Just Kayla Nice Seeing You again though" I Sent Him A Friendly Smile While He Raised His One Eyebrow.