Chapter 15: Return to Redcliffe

*** Wow! Over 1000 reads on my book, That's amazing! I never really expected to have so many great readers, thank you all so much! I hope everyone is enjoying the book so far! Thank you all for the support(: I hope you enjoy the next chapter! Sorry this chapter took so long guys!****

Chapter 15: Return to Redcliffe

"No stops!" Alistair called out over the moaning wind that was sweeping up the mountain, entangling us in it. "We need to get away from Haven as quickly as possible," He continued turning away from the group and leading down the path. Pain suddenly stung through my leg, I sipped air in as I wrapped my hand around my leg, stopping quickly.

"Hey, you all right?" Cullen placed his hand on my shoulder, I lifted my eyes to meet his, he was watching me carefully; looking as if he was in pain. I pressed my lips together as I tried to hide the pain.

"I'm fine." I said quickly as I stood up straight.

"I hope these ashes will heal the Arl," Cullen said quietly, looking over at me; he seemed slightly worried.

"It is Andraste's ashes," Leliana piped in, scoffing slightly at Cullen's remark. Cullen glared at her for a brief moment before turning his gaze back to me.

"Katria!" Alistair called out urgently from the front of the group, I smiled quickly and Cullen before jogging up to Alistair.

"What is it?" I asked, looking Alistair over quickly.

"We need to walk through the night," He said looking down at me, I arched my eyebrows at him.

"Is that really necessary?" I asked, looking down the mountain, it would take some time to even get to Haven, much less all the way down the mountain.

"The cultists will be looking for us, it's too dangerous." He said looking down at me, I sighed and grabbed my leg. Alistair arched an eyebrow at me.

"I'll be okay." I said reassuringly, starting to turn around, Alistair grabbed my arm softly.

"How bad is it?" He asked, his voice full of worry and care. My leg was throbbing with pain, I winced but hoped Alistair didn't notice. "Katria?" Alistair said, "Do you want to stop?" he asked quietly.

"Only for a few moments," I said, turning around. "Wynne?" I called out to her as I walked towards her.

"Hmm?" She hummed, smiling at me.

"Do you have any more salves?" I asked, motioning to my leg. She grabbed her pack and fumbled through it.

"Ah, here it is. I knew that I had some." She smiled over at me as she handed my a glass bottle. I smiled at her.

"Thank you." I said gratefully. Leliana had already found a good camp area and the others were beginning to make a fire. I sat down on a large stone and started unwrapping my bandages, deep red splotches dotted them. I groaned and pulled the last bandage out.

"Here," I heard Alistair voice softly say, he was holding several bandages in one hand and had his water pouch with a rag in the other. He poured some of his water onto the rag and held it on my wound. I winced and let out a deep breath. "Sorry," Alistair said apologetically. I shrugged and watched the rag turn a brilliant red. "I'm going to go talk to Wynne," Alistair said, smiling over at me. I nodded and grabbed the salve Wynne had given me and slathered it onto my leg then wrapped the bandages around it tightly; I shivered at the frigid wind and wrapped my cloak around myself tightly.

Cullen sat down beside me and cleared his throat awkwardly as he stared at the blood-soaked rag thrown off to the side. His auburn eyes slowly came up to meet mine, they were full of pain and worry, I shook my head and smiled slightly.