Chapter 10

The blood drained from your face as all hope was lost. The game was over and you had lost. There was no consolation prize for the loser, just humiliation and the destruction of their life. On the other hand, the winner gains every advantage possible and the satisfaction of winning.

The smug look on his face said it all. You couldn't help but drown in shame. You refused to cry, even if the burning sensation of tears prickled your eyes. "So there... There's your little game all solved. Are you happy now?"

"Do you think this makes me happy?" he questioned.

Again with the mind games. You swallowed your anger to reply. "Yes, because somehow you get high on the satisfaction of winning. So that's it, are you done with me?"

He studied you for a moment as he watched you desperately clutch onto the mask you had crafted over the years. With every passing second, your emotions slipped through the cracks, showing how you really felt. He didn't bother to address it, not when he had other things in his mind. "I was under the assumption that we were friends." He adjusted his glasses before continuing, "I just enjoy knowing everything there is about a friend before I allow them into my company."

Your confusion was evident in your face. "What?"

"I did consider this a game, but I have enjoyed our run-ins quite a lot. Haven't you?" he sent you a polite smile.

"They weren't exactly pleasant," you grumbled.

"It's been a while since I've been challenged this much, to have such intriguing company," he admitted as he gazed around the hallway, probably as a precaution just in case anyone visited this barren part of the building.

You couldn't tell if he was trying to compliment you. Although they did come off as flattering, you didn't trust his words. "Then why are you so eager to destroy me?"

"Destroy you?" He was genuinely surprised by your accusation, "That was never my intention."

"But--"

A lone twin edged closer to the two of you, clearing his throat to grab your attentions. "They're looking for her. She should get going."

"Kaoru, see to it that she gets to her manager in one piece," Kyoya ordered the twin as he began to immerse himself into the shadows.

"Wait, you can't just leave me like this without answering my questions!" you exclaimed as you tried to follow him.

Kaoru reached out and grabbed your arm, holding you back, "You'll talk to him afterwards."

You tentatively gazed at the twin, wondering if they knew your secret as well. Kaoru noticed your inquisitive stare and grinned, "He said that you'll tell us yourself when the time came. I hope it's juicy."

Your face deadpanned. You had completely forgotten you were talking to a set of immature twins. They were definitely their mother's children. "Ugh, don't be an idiot. Just take me to the movie premier."