11 [Faults]

💎

I've fucked up. I know I have. I can feel it in my bones. It's a familiar feeling though, one I feel constantly. But this just made the feeling heavier, causing me to feel numb and to slowly stagger my way through the rest of the day. Something is wrong but I don't know what it is. I used to have a way to solve this, but I haven't done it in so long and I don't want to go back.

My mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes (A/N: What's the song? ;)). 

I can't give into temptation, I can't. But will I? I don't know.

Mahogany and I decide that the two of us are going to chill in the courtyard with the rest of the gang, and just talk. We never just talk together anymore. Someone's always doing something. But today, we finally get the time  to see everyone and just talk. 

"But dude honestly, like, I swear we could totally get those concert tickets!" Michael says to Calum. 

"I dunno man--" Calum says. "When would they be for?"

"Friday night, 7 pm. Just you and me hanging out for once...I-I mean, like if you want to..." Michael replies, a light pink dusting his cheeks. 

"Oh...um...I can't Mikey, I'm sorry. I have a date with Ashton. 'M taking him to a drive in movie," Calum lightly wraps an arm around Mikey to give him a side hug. 

"Maybe another time," he adds on, hoping to lift the slight frown off of his green haired friend's face. (green hair mikey, galaxy mikey, and red hair mikey are my favs. What about you guys?)

Michael's eyes glisten with sadness, embarrassment, and a slight rage.

"Yeah," he says sharply, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

I look over to Sammy and Nate who are texting someone.

"Who ya texting?" I ask.

"Gonna get another fix," Sammy smiles, hitting send. The number that I could read over his shoulder looked all too familiar: my boss.

Oh my god. This is really bad. If my friends get involved with this part of my life all of them could be put in grave danger, some that I'm not sure I could protect and/or save them from. Especially now that there's a whole drug lord war going on that involves a student at our school--he could potentially cause them harm as well. Shit! He could do that anyway! What if they start messing with Shawn and his friends? I promised I'd protect him! 

"Taylor...your phone has been ringing for the past 10 minutes, are you gonna get it?" Mahogany asks, nudging my right ankle with the scuffed toe of her navy blue combat boots. I snap out of my inner intervention and see and hear that yes, my phone has been going off nonstop with calls from my boss. I grab the phone quickly and run behind the tree.

"Boss?"

"Yeah, hey Taylor. I need you to work a double tonight, got it? I'm texting you the details. Also, did ya hear? Grier's oldest just transferred to your school,"

"Yeah I know, I've met him. But I have a question,"

"Yeah?"

"He has a younger brother right? How come the younger brother is posing any threat? He doesn't seem to know anything about what his father and brother are doing,"

"Hmmm...or does he? Seems suspicious. I'll have some people check up on him once in a while. Kay?"

"Yes sir, I will see you later,"

"That you will, out Caniff,"

"Bye Boss,"

I hang up quickly, only to be surpised by an annoying ass voice and face.

"Who's your Boss?" 

Carter. Fucking. Reynolds.

aka: The Snitch.