23 [Chipped]

💎

"Yeah mama I swear, we're just going over to his to study for the science test...yeah...what time? Okay...Okay ma I promise...will you make the rainbow ones? Really? Yay! Okay...okay by mommy....love you....okay bye!" Shawn says into his cell phone, finally hanging up.

I'm sitting at the driver's seat of Louis's car that he let me borrow for the night.

"Just don't get any stains in it, I'll kill you," he had said.

It's now Wednesday night, around 6ish, and I'm picking Shawn up to take him on our "study date" -- well at least that's what he thinks it is for now.

"What did she say?"

"She said I have to be home by 11 pm because tomorrow morning she wants me to help her put together the ingredients for some cupcakes before I have to leave for school,"

"Cute," I smirk.

He turns beet red.

"Aww," I coo, pulling out of his driveway. He just smiles and looks out the window.

We sit in a comfortable silence for about 10 minutes, listening to the soft pop music flowing out of the speakers.

"So where are we going Tay?" Shawn asks cutely, putting his hand on my right one, which is casually laying on rest between our seats.

"We're going to your first official ever gang job meeting babe. But don't worry, the guys are really nice when it comes to first timers," I smile, grabbing his hand.

"Are you sure they won't like, hate me if I mess up?"

"Yeah I'm sure. They may get a little upset but it's nothing to worry about okay? You'll do great,"

I pull up about a block away from the alley way. I get out, open his door, and lead him to the gang hideout. I knock, give the password, and within seconds we are sitting on the familiar leather couch. Shawn cuddles into me, ear pressed against the area by my heart.

"Hey Shawn," Brooklyn smiles. Brooklyn is probably the friendliest one of all of us. When he first met Shawn he gave him a hug and one of his chocolates that he kept in his bag--kept him distracted from the negatives of the situation. If I didn't know any better I'd think he's flirting with Shawn, but I know he isn't. Because if he was...man, that kid would never look the same ever again.

"Hi Brooklyn, how are you?" Shawn asks cutely.

"I'm good, and you?"

"Good. Nervous about this job though,"

"Don't worry. You'll be fine. And you'll have a partner--Boss never sends newbies out by themselves. I could be your partner. Oh! Maybe Boss'll let Taylor go with you! You'd feel more comfortable with that right?"

"Yes actually--"

"Hey Shawn!"

"Hi Burkley! How are you?"

"I'm pretty good Shawn. You want anything to drink? Eat? We keep snacks up on that shelf,"

"Do you have cookies?"

"Oh definitely!"

"Can I have some?"

"I'll be right back!"

A minute later, Burkley comes back with about 5 different cookie types. Shawn chooses a huge chocolate chip cookie, eyeing first.

"My favorite kind of cookie is chocolate chip, what about your favorite kind Burkley?"

"Snickerdoodle, but like soft baked,"

"Soft baked cookies are so good!"

The two of them have an 11 minute conversation about cookies ALONE. By the time the meeting was about to begin, which was 20 minutes later, they had become best friends.

Boss walks in with a stack of papers.
"Boys, these are assignments for the next 2 weeks These are tasks that must be fulfilled so we can take down Grier. Also, Shawn, you ready for your first job?"

My princess's cheeks are dusted in a rosy red, and he nods.

"I'm ready,"

"Great! Shawn, you're going to do a weed delivery. Don't freak out, you'll be with an experienced partner. Hmm...Burkley! You'll be Shawn's partner," Boss says, patting Burkley's
back.

'''''''
To be honest, I'm a bit nervous as to how this is going to turn out. If Burkley fucks up and something happens to Shawn I don't know what I'd do. I would go ape shit definitely, but after that I have no fucking clue. All I know is that it wouldn't be pretty.

Boss sent Shawn and Burkley out about 20 minutes ago. They're doing a delivery at Delaney Park. Hopefully things are going well. I keep texting Shawn but he's not answering...hopefully it's because his phone is off.

I just want to know that my Princess, my sunshine, my flower, my love, is okay.

Hi guys sorry this is short and took so long. I've been having family issues. Summer and I may not be posting as often now because we have a lot of school activities happening now.