Chapter 10

Bros before hoes. I tried keeping that in mind as I approached them. I avoided eye contact with either of them, even Magda. I tried laughing with them, tried sharing their good time but just couldn’t. The fact that I felt really confused wasn’t helping at all either. I turned around trying to find someone else to talk to so I could maybe just get away from all the awkwardness I was feeling being around these people… my friends and Gale Regis.

Over at one corner I spotted Tanya and her best friend, a girl who had just moved into town and seemed to be into drawing and that kind of stuff. I walked towards them, plastering a smile on my face.

-          Hey guys! Tanya… you’re looking good. – I said smiling.

-          Yeah… you know I broke up with him because our deal wasn’t working out. – Tanya answered in that dreamy way of hers.

-          What do you mean with deal? – I asked.

-          Oh, you know! The one where I agreed to be with him to make the girl he really likes be jealous in order for him to buy me candy! – Tanya said this with a conspiring tone but chirped up at the candy part. – He must’ve told you all about it since you are his best friend.

-          In fact, he didn’t. – I said.

-          Whatever. Look! Almond here was just drawing our animal versions! I am a cat and she’s a raccoon. We look so cute! - Tanya didn’t seem to hear me or to be aware of the fact that she had just broken a huge piece of news to me.

I looked down and saw the cutest animal cartoons ever. They were kind of anime-styled and had those huge heads and human expressions.

-          You are a real artist Almond. – I smiled at her.

A substitute teacher then appeared and explained that our art teacher had to go to a hearing out of town and that we should just continue doing whatever we were doing last class.

For the rest of the class I was wondering while Tanya babbled along. I disliked being alone and was rather sociable, that was why it was easy for me to think in the company of other people. I glanced once to the table where Gale, Magda, Jared, Erin and Vicky were earlier and was surprised to just see Magda and Gale there chatting. Erin was nowhere to be seen. Jared and Vicky were on the farthest corner and seemed to be having an argument.

Gale then leaned closer to Magda and she seemed to blush. I wasn’t expecting the pang of jealousy that exploded in my chest. Well, he had first rejected me and then recently flirted with me and now he was ignoring me and flirting with all of my close friends. I wasn’t about to let that happen, he could mess up with me but I knew what he was doing here. And I had to let Gale Regis know that he wasn’t the only one good at playing this game. Now that I’d already seen how he played I was ready to fight. Let the games begin.

I’d always known that even if I’m not the sporty type of girl I have what you’d call a curvy body and knew well how to use it in my favor. I knew how most of the boys thought about me thanks to me being best friend with one and knew finding someone right for what I had in mind would be really easy. I searched the classroom and finally say him.

He was currently staring at some girl’s ass and I couldn’t help smiling because I knew it would be too easy to use him without him even noticing it.

The bell rang and Tanya hugged me goodbye. Almond smiled quietly at me and she and Tanya left the class hurriedly.

I wasted no time and approached him, David Cass, the biggest player and known womanizer in our grade. I smiled flirtatiously at him and chattered animatedly, giggling whenever he attempted to make one of his lame jokes.