Chapter 4

I panicked.

When I saw myself in such an intimate position with Gale I panicked. It was IMPOSSIBLE, why the hell were we so close?! Why was he holding my hand roughly?! I had forgotten completely how I even got to the Regis’ house.

And then, Drake’s face, it was so… emotionless now. No one spoke and there was an uncomfortable silence over the four of us (Drake, the mysterious blonde girl, Gale and myself). Finally, after what seemed ages the blonde girl laughed hysterically.

We all stared at her in astonishment. Surely she must have some brain damage or something, she laughed out of the blue! She noticed us all looking at her and tried to explain between her laughing fits.

-          WE GOT YOU!!! It was SO funny! – she pointed at me and Gale – YOU HAD BEEN ABOUT TO DO… THE NASTY RIGHT?

I stared at her some more and my mouth dropped open. She thought me and Gale were actually a couple and were about to kiss.

-          WE WERE NOT ABOUT TO KISS! – I exclaimed outraged – You were the one who was dragging Drake to his bedroom for God’s sake!

-          Oh no, no! I was just leading him upstairs because I wanted to show him the Charlie the Unicorn video and his laptop is upstairs!- she said gleefully – Have you ever watched Charlie the Unicorn!?!?!

-          Umm… No. – I said – Well, anyway I better leave now.

Gale and Drake were both watching our little girl chat open mouthed.

-          Bye! – the blonde girl said hugging me and taking me by surprise – My name is Tanya by the way and I’m Drake’s girlfriend.

-          … It was nice to meet you Tanya, I’m Melanie. I guess we’ll see each other around often then because Drake’s my best friend. – I answered smiling at her.

I waved goodbye and left the three of them.

It was funny, but I actually liked Tanya. She wasn’t the mean beyotch who was stealing my best friend away from me, as I supposed she was. She just seemed… well, dreamy, kind of like Erin but in a much more exaggerated way.

I got home that night, showered and decided to watch Charlie the Unicorn.

**The Next Morning**

It was Sunday.

I had zero plans for today.

I wanted Drake to come over to my house so badly to watch some movies but when I texted him he said that he and Tanya had plans already.

I had no homework or whatsoever.

I had no new books I wanted to read.

So basically I’d just be sitting around all day without something to do.

I saw my iPod on my desk, the battery was fully loaded.

Finally I’d found something to do!

I played angry birds until I mastered all the levels except one and the sky was getting dark by that time. My eyes hurt and my fingers were sore but I kept trying to score the highest score on that level.

**About an hour later**

Finally! I’d been able to master all the levels! I AM A MASTER AT ANGRY BIRDS! Oh yes!

I turned off the lights and laid on my bed,  the phosphorescent mini galaxy I pasted on my wall shined with the colors of the rainbow, finally I focused on one star. I slept and dreamt about it.