How did this mess start? Prologue

Teffy Star© 2012 All rights Reserved

What have I gotten myself into? There is no way, believe me, NO WAY in freaking hell or in heaven that I was going to have to allow this without a protest.

-          But… but Gale and I won’t make a good working couple Mr. Wording! – I protested.

Our English teacher, Mr. Wording looked at me with annoyance written all over his face.

-          I want you working with him Melanie Vell!

-          Really Sir, she won’t even talk to me, how am I supposed to write a parody with her? – said Gale, my assigned “partner”.

-          I want you two working together, you won’t fuss about this anymore; you won’t argue with my decision. After all I’m the teacher, am I making myself clear? – Mr. Wording replied.

We grunted and groaned as an answer. Mr. Wording took that as a yes and left us with a satisfied nod.

The second he was gone it was obvious that we wouldn’t be able to work together. His dark, sarcastic sense of humor differed greatly from my silly and simple humor. We wouldn’t agree on the simplest things and he mainly opposed and criticized every single thing I said, finally tired of this I said:

-          Ok, I give up. You are impossible to work with!

He looked at me with amusement.

-          No, YOU are impossible to work with!

He started again with his monologue of why my sense of humor sucked and I massaged my temples trying to avoid the headache that was raging in my head. It was unbelievable how he could get on my nerves so easily.

Finally the bell rang and I gladly escaped.

In the hall I felt someone poking my ribs. I turned around to see it was Drake, my best guy friend and, unluckily, Gale’s twin brother.

-          Oh hey Drakey! – I said at him knowing it would annoy him.

-          Hey Mel! – he smirked at me. – I heard you loved your English class today.

Oh no. Not again, I just wanted to forget those horrible traumatizing 60 minutes of my life.

-          Yes, your lovely brother was sooo charming. – I said as I rolled my eyes.

Drake laughed and led me to the cafeteria line. He was still grinning when he grabbed his food and took his tray to our usual table.

-          Oh, I know how charming old Gale can be. – he said finally. – But he ain’t THAT bad right? After all he’s my little brother, he deserves at least a little less hate from you.

Oh, how wrong he was… His “little” brother had broken my heart in a thousand little pieces when we were little and I had every right to freaking hate him!

*******

Author's Note: Thanks to YOU my friend for the inspiration! (You know who you are) I would have dedicated to you if it wasn't for this keep-it-a-secret. Well whatever, hope you like this new project.... Please support me by COMMENTING or VOTING or FANNING or all of the above ;) I'm anxious to hear what you think about it!