7. Patrick Stump-The Super Not-Cliche Popular Boy

To say that Mikey was upset was the understatement of the century. He'd probably been a little too harsh on Pete, but he didn't want Pete to think that he could just go do this again to him. No no, Mikey made absolute sure he wouldn't be taken advantage of.

He'd gotten so many texts from Pete, just asking to hang out, but Mikey feared he'd fall right back in love with the dark-haired boy. They'd agree to take a small break to try and get over this bump in the road, Pete rather reluctantly. This meant they still loved each other but they were free to do whatever they wanted. At least until things changed and got resolved. Mikey sat, curled on the couch, he looked at the place right next to him where he was so used to Pete, looking at him, totally in love.

3 text messages from Pete Wentz

Mikes... Can we just go for like coffee or something? I just need to see you...

You must be with Gerard or something I guess... Or someone else maybe. Sorry if I'm bothering you too much. I just really can't stop thinking about you...

Never mind I'll see you tomorrow at school I guess...

It hurt Mikey to not respond but he really couldn't without immediately forgiving Pete, and that just couldn't happen.

He was worried that he'd get hurt by Pete. This is what made Mikey really scared to get close to people. He knew he'd just get hurt somehow, but he'd never anticipated it hurting this much.

Mikey heard the door open and Gerard came through, throwing his jacket on the chair, smiling at his phone, blushing lightly.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Mikey smirked, pulling his legs closer to his chest. Gerard looked up at him, protest clear on his face.

"It's not a girlfriend! It's not even a girl," Gerard replied, twirling a piece of hair and tucking it behind his ear.

"So it's your boyfriend," Mikey rolled his eyes. "Who is it?"

"He's not a boyfriend, Mikes, he's just a friend I met at the hospital. His name's Frank, and helped me with Brendon and Ryan today," Gerard replied. "I was actually wondering if you and Pete wanted to come with me to the hospital one day and Ryan and Brendon could meet you guys," he smiled.

Mikey felt his throat start to burn.

"Pete and I aren't seeing each other anymore," he murmured.

"Oh," Realization crossed Gerard's face. "Did you want to talk about it, Mikes?"

Mikey shook his head.

"No. I actually don't. Thanks though," Mikey replied. "So how was Ryan?" He asked, changing the subject. Gerard smiled.

"He's fine! He actua-" he trailed off as his phone buzzed and Gerard looked down, his face immediately brightening.

"It's Frank," he announced, a slight pink brushed across his cheeks and Mikey rolled his eyes, laughing at his brother.

-

Patrick Stump prided himself on not being the cliche popular boy. He'd got his popularity half from his father and the other half from his simple niceness. Everybody loved Patrick because he wasn't like other cliches. One thing for sure was that there was no bullying when Patrick was around. Let's just say that Patrick had that effect on people. Nobody wanted to make Patrick upset or mad.

He walked with his best friends, Andy and Joe, who had been Patrick's best friends for a long time.

"Hey, Lunchbox, have you seen that video circulating around the school from your party?" Andy asked him, as they stopped at Patrick's locker. Patrick pushed his book bag in and gave him a questioning stare.

"No... What happened?"

"You know that kid, Pete Wentz? It's him with some other guy. And apparently he already had a boyfriend. People have been saying that his boyfriend dumped him because of it," Joe added.

Pete Wentz... Yeah, that cute emo kid; Patrick could remember him, clearly.

Shoot, why hadn't invited his boyfriend? Oops... Oh well. This was Patrick's fault and he made a promise to himself that he'd get Pete Wentz his boyfriend back.

-

Pete sat in the library, trying to stop any tears from coming out. He'd already been crying way too much. Nobody cared or asked him why he was crying. Not that Pete wanted to talk about the biggest mistake he'd ever made.

The door flung opened and Pete jumped. He looked up to see none other than Patrick Stump stumbling through the door.

"You emo kids are hard to find," Patrick complained, loudly. "Especially when you don't want to be!"

Pete tried to ignore him. He was probably here to ask Pete if he was as much as a slut as the video showed him as. Patrick went to go sit next to him and stared at him.

"Did you need something?" Pete asked, harshly. Patrick shook his head, cheerfully.

"Well...maybe I do, but I'm not going to tell you. Yet," he propped his feet on the table, smiling mysteriously at Pete. Pete rolled his eyes.

"Listen, Patrick... I kinda want to be alone right now. I'm going through a pretty bad break-up and I just-"

"It's all my fault," Patrick interrupted him. "If I'd invited your boyfriend to come too... I was just handing out invitations to whoever I saw... I'm really sorry, Pete," he looked at him, truthfully sorry.

"'Sorry' isn't getting my boyfriend back," Pete said, quietly. "Trust me, I tried..."

Patrick was quiet for a moment.

"How about I help you get him back?" He asked, finally.

"How? Begging him?" Pete asked, sarcastically.

"Not exactly," Patrick gave him a knowing smile. "But you have to trust me."

"What are you planning to do?" Pete asked, an eyebrow raised, suspiciously.

"We're going to be in one of those cliche movie. When the girl's trying to get her man what's one of the main things she tries?" Patrick asked, squatting in his chair. Pete rolled his eyes.

"I don't know, Patrick, and I honestly don't care..." Pete mumbled, tired.

"Jealousy!" Patrick slapped the table, making Pete jump again. "Congratulations, Mr. Wentz, you've just become boyfriends with the most popular boy in school!"