0.16

The foursome was led inside and the soldiers broke up, about to lead them to separate rooms.

"No," Mariana had stated, "we stay together. Two rooms, close to each other. One for girls, the other for boys."

So now Mariana and Taylor were on the ground, door closed, digging through their bags for their drinks and food. They found it, and they drank all the water they had, and ate two granola bars each, leaving only two.

When the finished, they cleaned up and looked around the room.

It was small and square with two beds, one on each side of the room, pressed to the corners of where the walls met. The beds had one nightstand next to the side that wasn't against the wall, and two lamp-shaped containers of lightning bugs trapped inside resting on the top of each nightstand.

The beds were small and filled with soft goose feathers— as were the pillows. The blankets were soft, thick green cotton. There were two doors in the room: on that led to the hall and the other to the bathroom.

The bathroom had a large fountain of water that ran constantly from a hole in the wall to a drain on the floor. Mariana suspected it could be used as a shower or sink.

There were two walls on either side of the shower-sink, and behind one wall was another shower-sink, and then an average white toilet behind the wall that shower-sink had. Across the shower-sinks were benches with white towels neatly folded and resting on them.

The floor in the bathroom was wood, and the floor in the bedroom was like grass: it was tall, soft, and green. The walls were a nice shade of pink with no paintings of any sort.

There was a window in between the two beds and nightstands that was a large circle in shape with two rectangular cotton curtains draped over it. They were a light shade of green, and when the sun shone through them, it lit the room with a faint green tint.

Across the window was a closet full of fairy clothes.

Taylor yawned, and Mariana did, too. They looked at each other and cracked tired smiles.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." Mariana stated, sliding out the gun and shoving it under a pillow.

"Yeah, me too." Taylor agreed.

Together, they grabbed some fairy clothes— too lazy to grab some clothes rom their bags— and headed to the bathroom. Because Taylor was in first, she went to the further shower-sink.

They hopped under the water, soaking their dirty clothes. They undressed in the shower and threw their wet, dirty clothes under the benches.

The girls then cleansed themselves, singing in harmony as they did so.

When they finished, Mariana stepped out first and scurried to the towels. Mariana didn't really care is she was nude in front of Taylor— they had been doing this for years. They were basically sisters, they were so comfortable around each other.

She unfolded one towel and wrapped it around her body, feeling its softness against her skin.

Next was Taylor, copying Mariana. They dried off and changed into the fairy clothing. It was very soft and simple: they both had green shirts that had sleeves that dropped to their elbows, and the shirt itself was long and comfortably tight. Then they had tight black pants that hugged their muscled legs and went all the way down to their ankles.

They padded out of the bathroom with bare feet, leaving their clothes and towels on the benches to dry.

The girls jumped into bed and, as soon as their head hit the pillow, fell asleep instantly.