Chapter 3

Chapter 3;

Eric p.o.v

I got changed while Tallie was getting ready. I went with my usual jeans and jacket. At half 8, Tallie came out of the bathroom wearing a red dress and heels. She looked ... amazing.

The fact that I had thought this intrigued me. I hadn't really thought of her as a girlfriend before a few weeks ago and even then it hadn't really been a revolution kind of moment.

We had just been hanging out with a few of our friends. She had just beaten me at some game that I wasn't really paying attention to, laughing and joking with the others, and I had thought to myself 'she's ... amazing'.

I had thought about it a few more times since then but had had to stop myself - I knew she would never even consider the idea of 'us' and I knew it was stupid of me to consider it. I was just grateful I had her as such a good friend.

           ...........................

It was just after 9pm when we got to Sophie's place. "Hey, guys! Come in, everyone else is already here." She smiled as she moved aside for us to come in.

A while later, her house was absolutely packed. There were people everywhere, most drunk, some sober. It must have been later than I thought as a few people have already left.

I hadn't seen Tallie for quite a while, so I decided to go look for her. I looked in every room downstairs but didn't have any luck. I walked upstairs and looked in the the few bedrooms but again, no luck.

It was only when I was going back downstairs that I happened to look to the end of the hallway. She was stood there with a guy I recognised from her work. Dean, I think his name was. I knew he was friends with Sophie and Tallie from work, but I had only met him once or twice.

I was just about to go and say hello when he moved to kiss her. I froze, feeling an intense surge of jealousy - but why? I had accepted that I wasn't going to act on my feelings.

She moved away instantly. "What the hell?!" She shouted as she shoved him away. "I'm not drunk enough for that!"

I laughed. I couldn't help it. She was never delicate, just straight to the point - always. They both looked over to me, Dean looking annoyed, Tallie looking downright angry.

She barged past Dean and grabbed my arm as she walked past, dragging me with her. She let me go me when we got halfway down the stairs, but my arm felt ... odd. A good sort of odd.

I shook the feeling from my mind and was about to ask her what happened with Dean when we heard shouting and whooping from the living room. We looked at each other and walked around the corner into the living room.

There were a group of people all crowded around the centre of the room, many bottles surrounding them.

"What's going on?" Tallie asked Sophie, who was standing near us.

"Oh, it's childish but they wanted to play truth or dare." She rolled her eyes.

Somehow 10 minutes later, we had both somehow been roped into playing. We were both sat on the floor when somebody I couldn't see shouted out "Natalie now!" She just shrugged and said 'alright'.

"Ok," The same voice questioned her. "Truth or dare?"