Chapter 13

Chapter 13;

Tallie p.o.v.

"Hell no! No!" I protested as Eric placed the microphone infront of me. "I'm not doing it, so don't even look at me like that!"

"Please? For me?" He was using his best begging eyes that he knew damn well always worked on me, even when we were just friends.

He wanted me to provide the 'temporary' female vocals on one of his new songs. I just shook my head in reply to his question.

"It makes sense since you're here." He smiled, knowing that he was cracking my resolve.

All he had to do now was to kiss me and I would give in, and he knew it as he came over to me, standing behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I only want my girlfriend," he emphasized the word, "involved in my work. Is that so bad?" He kissed my cheek, lingering more than was nessaccary before moving upwards to gently nibble my ear.

Oh god, that was nice.

"Mmm, no." Damn it, why was it so hard to say no to him? "Ok, just this once - I mean it!"

"Thank you." He kissed me one last time and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Ok, so what do I need to sing?" I asked him as he bought over a sheet of paper. I loathed singing in public, but he could get me to do anything, with just one look.

He handed me the sheet and took his place next to me. He pointed out the female vocals and I panicked - there was so much!

"I will sing the whole song first, my parts and yours, so you know the beat and pace of the song." He told me with a smile shortly before the music started. He put on the headphones and started to sing to the song.

I tried to pay as much attention as I could, but it was so hard when he looked so bloody irrisistable - and that voice!

He was so involved with the song that he sort of drifted off, closing his eyes and seeming to forget about everything around him.

The song ended and he seemed to come back to the present, taking the headphones off. "That was ... incredible. I think I can do that." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Ready when you are?" I nodded unsteadily and put my own headphones on, watching Eric whilst the music started again.

All too soon, it was my dreaded turn to sing. I recognised the intro for my part, so I closed my eyes and started to sing in time, and hopefully with a bit of tune.

I finished my part and was waiting for him to start his next part, but he didn't. I opened my eyes and he was staring at me, looking shocked.

He had missed his part, and the music was turned off. Was I that bad? See, this is why I didn't sing! "W-what?" I asked him, scared for the awnser.

"Why didn't you tell me that you could sing? How am I only discovering this now? I would have put you on more of my songs if I had known!"

He laughed heartily. Wait - he thought I could sing? Like a cat being strangled, yes, but not well!

"What do you mean, 'more of'? I'm not on any." I told him, confused.

"Yet. I want you to provide the permant vocals for the song - would that be ok? I haven't found anyone else yet but I really don't think I need to, and I certainly don't want to."

Shock, that's what was all over my face. Was I ok with being in a song with Eric? I didn't have to think about it for very long - yes, I was.

I didn't care about getting known, but I would be working next to the man I loved. That outweighed everything else.

"Umm ok. If you think I'm good enough ... and aren't lying to be nice!" I laughed.

He closed the few steps between us and kissed me without warning. "I do and I'm not, believe me."