Prolouge

It was a night no one expected. I was getting ready for junior prom. I had the most beautiful dress ever: white with silver jewels on the bodice. I couldn't get ahold of Josie. I was bombarding her phone with texts, emails, calls, and Skypes. Little did I know that she was dead.

It wasn't until Jacob came to be driven in Mom's Toyota that we knew what happened. As he walked through the door, the phone rang. Mom burst into years when she hung up. She told us that our sweet little Josie had committed suicide.

I couldn't stop crying. Jacob, too. We didn't go to prom. There was always next year.

Jacob ended up going back to his house to get a duffel bag full of who-knows-what and spent the night in our guest room. He was all I had left. He had to be there for me.

The funeral was the first day of July. A little late, because Josie died three weeks before. It was at the beautiful Ross Church. I spoke, about her being my best friend and stuff. At the end we drove to her grave (she was buried by the tree she fell out of and broke her foot when she was ten). We all put flowers on her grave, because she stated at the end of her suicide note, "Put flowers on my grave so I'll look pretty."