Chapter 23

I crashed into my bed and started bawling. That was it! I'm done with my life. Everyone's gonna hate on me for the rest of it, so why not just end my suffering?

Once I calmed down, I went into my parent's bathroom. I opened the medicine cabinet and picked up an orange bottle of colourful pills. I took off the cap. I looked in the mirror. Goodbye...

But I couldn't do it. I could make myself swallow those pills. I put the cap back on and put it back in the cabinet.

I went downstairs. Dad was reading the newspaper and Mom was chopping peppers.

"Hi, Ami." Mom said cheerfully.

I grunted.

"What's wrong?" She stopped moving her knife and came over to the seat I plopped down on.

"Nothing."

Mom was hesitant, but went back to chopping. I turned on the TV. Nothing good was on. I decided to watch the news. Terrorists, bake sales, weather and houses on fire graced the screen.

But then the next report was a shocker.

"Deadly car accident on Highway 5 in Waters. It was a three-car collision. Five were killed, only two survivors. The deceased were identified as Miriam Green, Samuel Green, Florence Green, Heidi Carters, and Jacob Lawrence. Our regards go to the families who have lost their loved ones. Now, in sports..."