Chapter 10

Mom dropped me off at school instead of me walking, which was weird. She had forced me to.

As I entered the building and headed for my locker, some people snickered as I walked past. I was confused. Was my shirt tucked into my leggings? I checked. Nope.

As I put my bag inside my locker, Jacob came running up to me.

"I know we aren't talking, but you have got to see this." he said. "Check your Instagram."

I pulled out my phone. I had some notifications from Insta. I logged on.

That selfie Gail took? The camera was in my direction. She took a picture of me beside a cart full of POISE PADS AND OLD LADY PYJAMA PANTS!!! Fuck me! And she tagged me!

"Fucking hell." I said quietly. I turned to Jacob. "C'mon."

"Wha..." I dragged him with me. We had business to discuss.

"Are you still mad at me about Saturday?" he asked as we went to the second floor.

"Yeah." I said. "But let's deal with that later."

He nodded.

Bullseye. Gail's locker. Fuck yeah.

A group of sophomores giggled as I walked towards the popular kids. I just about slapped their faces. I gave them a glare.

"Hi grandma." Gail laughed as I came up to her.

"Jacob, can I have your milk?" I asked.

"What?"

"The milk you pack for lunch. Don't worry, I'll but you a new one."

"Wait, what?" he asked in fear as he handed it over. I opened the flaps, shoved Mike Brennon (quarterback) out of the way, and poured it on Gail.

"AIEEEEEEE!" You could hear her screams from a thousand miles away. Her Miu Miu outfit was covered in white, slightly curdled milk.

"FUCKING HELL!" she screamed. "YOU BASTARD! THIS OUTFIT COST $2000! NO WONDER EVERYONE THINKS YOUR A FREAK!"

"You probably don't wanna go to Costco anytime soon." I winked. "C'mon Jacob. Let's go."

We went back to the first floor. It was almost time for our first class.

I saw Erik.

Erik.

"Erik!" I cried. He turned around.

"Erik! Don't believe the rumours! Me and Jacob are not dating!" I took a deep breath before I said the next part. "I know you like me."

He was at a loss for words.

"Imma let you lovebirds be alone." Jacob said. I could se the sadness in his eyes. He walked to his locker.

"Amalie, I..." Erik started.

I put my hands on his shoulders and kissed him. He was warm, and tasted like bacon and Orbit gum. I could tell he was kissing back.

I stopped. I looked around. The whole hallway was in a state of shock.

"Amalie..." he said. "I... I don't know who told you that I liked you." He gulped. "But... I don't."